yes or no? / this or that?

chris

I say get both if you can.

I like the mcnairy coaches jacket, as it is worn by mark here, but i think on it's own, it's a little too boring, especially in that color. If I had to get a mark mcnairy outerwear piece, i'd go all out, and get one of his steezy overcoats.

If you had to pick just one, I feel that the supreme denim jacket commands more hot fiyah.

Only thing holding me back from the denim is snap buttons and no pockets. Other than that, it does command a noticeable about of hot fiyah.

The McNairy jernt is waxed which makes it kinda cool, but I agree it's very muted. I need to check on sizing before any guns are jumped.

BTW - where are his overcoats sold??

I don't think those details should hold you back from buying the denim jacket. As long as you don't get a size that is too small to make the snaps come embarrassingly undone, I don't think it's a deal breaker. On denim jackets like Type 3s, I think no pockets look a lot better and keep the shape clean.

Here are some Mark McNairy overcoats here

He also made some slimmed-down Spiewak coats (I think?), but I can't find an online retailer who picked those up.

I guess if you wanted a bit from both worlds, you could get a waxed Barbour jacket with a corduroy collar.

I don't think those details should hold you back from buying the denim jacket. As long as you don't get a size that is too small to make the snaps come embarrassingly undone, I don't think it's a deal breaker. On denim jackets like Type 3s, I think no pockets look a lot better and keep the shape clean.

He also made some slimmed-down Spiewak coats (I think?), but I can't find an online retailer who picked those up.

I guess if you wanted a bit from both worlds, you could get a waxed Barbour jacket with a corduroy collar.

I'm between a 38 and a 40 on Barbour and the shit just looks like crap on me. I need to be about 2 inches taller and 25 lbs lighter to really pull off the 38.

BTW. I have an extremely lightly used Barbour bedale in a size 38 if anyone wants!

Ended up copping the denim. Pretty stoked on this thing. Selvedge made-in-USA denim jacket for $160? If J Crew sold something similar they'd prolly charge $198.