chris

Yeah, those are nice.

I've been considering both the alden indy boot:

indy.splay.gif

AF76_1.jpg

And RedWing Gentleman travelers:

145524_366_45.jpg

GT.jpg

I'm feeling the Aldens a little more, but they're a little expensive for me right now. What do you all think? I tend to wear more of a clean cut, tucked in gimmick so I'm wondering if the RW's are a little too rugged...

Really can't go wrong with indies in my opinion, the stitching reminds me of traditional red wings (which is one of the things I like about them). The indies have much better leather and they can be dressed up if need be, more versatile in my opinion. As always, you get what you pay for.

irritating.10char

Are rachel comey shoes made by the same people who do bstore/opening ceremony? Almost look it from the pics but i don't know

Yeah, those are nice.

I've been considering both the alden indy boot:

indy.splay.gif

AF76_1.jpg

And RedWing Gentleman travelers:

145524_366_45.jpg

GT.jpg

I'm feeling the Aldens a little more, but they're a little expensive for me right now. What do you all think? I tend to wear more of a clean cut, tucked in gimmick so I'm wondering if the RW's are a little too rugged...

Out of those I prefer the Indies more I think. I've similarly considered the Red Wing GTs on a number of occasions, but always shied away from buying them as I just don't think they'd suit me. Like you say, they're a little more rugged looking, and that's ultimately what always put me off them. However, like GBC, there is something that bothers me about the top-stitching on the Indies, but that's not significant and merely a personal preference. I definitely much prefer their profile profile over that of the GTs.

should i buy these BNIB at US$150 shipped? they're the closest I can find to the shoe I really want, which is the common projects black leather laceless slipons in 43 (if anybody's selling that, let me know your price)

2834563540077700295S425x425Q85.jpg

2367860960077700295S425x425Q85.jpg

2512700710077700295S425x425Q85.jpg

24955_1.jpg

(photos stolen from seller)

Get those! I like those shoes a lot!

Guest barbarian

@ dude asking about vibskov jacket

definitely go for the colorblock. Back detail on it looks so good, although I would try to find another stockist because they markup so much.

y/n? (for a guy)

12121627_silver?$hero$

It's cool for flashion. I'd wear it alone. What you want to remember about buying men jewelry is: How men wear jewelry.

We wear it sparingly, and because of that we tend to like timeless pieces. As a highly conceptual piece (industrially) this might not be the most timeless choice, especially for the price that it probably costs. If you want this to be a really special gift I would opt for something more conservative. This is a really cool piece if he has quite a few others.