Levis Collectibles? Give me everything you've got

Charlie Delta

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pat The Baker - Oven Ready Finish:

DSCF2690.jpgDSCF2693.jpgDSCF2694.jpg

These jeans are pretty wild. Cut with extra long and loose legs, the shape is reminiscent of billowing dough. They come coated in what looks and feels like flour and dough. The legs have adjustable and removable canvas leg protectors. The cinch runs from the sides of the waist all the way across the back. Other details include suspender buttons on the waist band, and a snap on one of the belt loops. The denim has a super soft hand. These are by far the most comfortable (and likely most outrageous) jeans I've ever worn.

Those jeans are crazy. Are they modeled after a pair of jeans that a butcher wore?

Is that part of your collection or do you actually wear them?

Yeah, I wear all the jeans that I collect, which is mostly Levi's RED, LVC and other limited production Levi's stuff.

And these jeans are simply a modern reinterpretation of the uniforms of tradesmen and professionals from years past. An homage to the vintage artisan that romances workwear from days of yore.;)

Alright, as promised, I took some pics today of my collection. I don't have time right now to post all of them, but there's more to come.

Harry The Butcher - Got Guts Finish:

DSCF2684.jpgDSCF2685.jpgDSCF2686.jpg

This one's from the A/W 2007 collection. Constructed from a last remaining bolt of antique selvage denim found stocked away. The fit of these jeans is patterned after a combination of vintage 501 blocks. The legs are constructed from many panels of denim and mimic muscle sinews. The finish is completed with blood spots, stepped-out hem, repaired cleaver hacks, and meat shrink-wrap behind the knees. There is a second hidden coin pocket inside the left front pocket, and an eyelet on the rear pocket to hang your cleaver from.

And here's the shirt I own, which also came in blue.

Nicceeee. I would get this if I could.

This looks like what some psycho serial killer would wear enroute to decapitating another sorority girl's head for his collection hung neatly next to his denim collection.

DSCF2695.jpgDSCF2697.jpgDSCF2699.jpgMeInCandlestickMaker.jpg

These jeans are cut slim and square, much like the vintage 606's from the 1960's. They include leather leg protectors, which would have once been used to protect a candlestick maker's legs from the heat of the fire he would work over. Wicks dangle from the back pocket, waistband, and knees. The finish is complete with wax drippings.

I included that last photo to show how they look when I'm wearing them. That photo is of my friend and I last night before we left for an event.

• 2 weeks later...

So I've got a photo now of a pair of pants I own from the latest collection, based on the theme "The Coach Rider, The Boat Rider, and The Rail Rider" - an homage to Levi Strauss' sales force who fanned out through the west via these modes of transport, stocking mercantiles and distributing goods to the pioneers of the west. I picked these up at the Flagship Levi's store this summer. The original retail was $420. They had some other nice pieces. The Rail Rider pants, for example, were a beautiful duck cloth pant with a strange one-shoulder suspender strap. And the denim pieces were made out of a plain-white selvage denim.

The Boat Rider

DSCF2700.jpg

DSCF2701.jpgDSCF2702.jpg

any pics of the butcher jeans????

Edit: found them, my browser has had problems with pages having lots of pictures-- sorry about the spaz

post some fit pics

Crackerhead, these boat riders look really great, very authentic, I mean I saw trousers

like that in movies like Moby Dick etc. ... Unfortunately I haven´t seen em here in Berlin allthough there´s a flagship store aswell as a special store for LVC, RED etc.pp. called Buttenheim.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

whizkit and i paid a visit to the levi's store earlier, and found a whole lot of stuff from the collectibles series there [as well as japan levis red]. baker, butcher, candlestick maker jeans...as well as tops. intriguing!

the hickory stripes of the bakers are great.