Uniqlo Selvage

Biggow

hey cue,

i got 2 pairs last week.pair of 34's and 32's. you must be super slim because i am a true 30 and those were snug. also rinsed (no soap) and sun-dried the 34's and the texture is the same as prps selvage. gonna leave the 32's as is.

selfridges sale is insane. scooped a pair of blue bloods selvage for 49, and a apir of y3 trainers for 37. think there are only big sizes left for bb's though...

Hey Mauro!

I'm afraid that I have no idea if they wholsale, but I doubt it. They are a kind of Japanese GAP after all. Also someone mentioned on here previously that they are opening their first store in the US soon, I think it's going to be in New Jersey if I remember rightly.

Unfortunately the Blue Bloods haven't arrived yet, you'll be the first to know when they do. I can't wait!

Quote:

hey cue,

i got 2 pairs last week.pair of 34's and 32's. you must be super slim because i am a true 30 and those were snug. also rinsed (no soap) and sun-dried the 34's and the texture is the same as prps selvage. gonna leave the 32's as is.

selfridges sale is insane. scooped a pair of blue bloods selvage for 49, and a apir of y3 trainers for 37. think there are only big sizes left for bb's though...

--- Original message by kremedla on Jul 16, 2005 03:29 PM

I've got a friend in Tokyo now and was going to have him pick me up a pair. So if I wear, say a 34" in PRPS (if the fit is similar) what size do you recommend in Uniqlo?

Thanks

I'd say they are pretty much a standard 501 style fit, probably similar to the 66's - certainly not Dior homme though.

Size wise I think they come up a little small, but really not by much at all, and they told me in the store that they shouldn't shrink so I assume they are sanforized.

Hope that helps.

I've got a friend in Tokyo now and was going to have him pick me up a pair. So if I wear, say a 34" in PRPS (if the fit is similar) what size do you recommend in Uniqlo?

Thanks

I'd say go for the same, or bigger even depending on how you like wearing them. i found the prps to be a bit snug in my true size, same for uniqlo, so i got 2 pairs (the last ones) in a 32 and a 34, and to be honest i like the 34 fit better. not too baggy, just a bit loose...

Hey Biggow,

My bro is going to Japan next week and will pick me up a pair....just wanted to know if they come in different inseam lengths or are they like A.P.C denim? Since they are a Japanese company I'm assuming they make their jeans in a 30' inseam, which is what I'd like, but I just wanted to make sure to order the right size.

BTW, great pics and thanx for the info...

^^ maybe, but the Uniqlo's are currently much harder to get hold of. Although I have to say that in terms of good value jeans Uniqlo have to be the number 1 right now.

With regards to them selling out in Japan, I'm not surprised, but it seems it's not the same here in the UK where they have been reduced from £35 to £20 and there are still big stocks in the stores. I guess most Brits still don't understand the wonders of selvage.

I don't know what stocks the shops have left but originally they had even waist sizes from 28" (I think) up to 42", with leg lengths of 29, 31, 33 and 35"

They are definitely slightly tighter than other Uniqlo jeans I have worn (after being washed).

A bargain at the original price never mind at £20 :)