Five Favourite Cars

rome1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no specific order as well,

Alfa Romeo 8C (spider shown, i'd prefer the coupe.)

2009_alfa_romeo_8c_spider.jpg

Nissan GTR

2009-Nissan-GT-R-30.jpg

Lamborghini Reventon

Lamborghini-Reventon-Fast-Cars-20.jpg

SSC Ultimate Aero (new fastest car in the world)

ssc_ultimate_aero_rank_1_revise.jpg

9ff Porsche GT

9ff-porsche-gt.jpg

and of course the dacia sandero...

Dacia+Sandero.bmp

have to have 6. sorry

oh and this if i could have 7.

http://globalmotors.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/bmw-m1prototype-photoshop.jpg

new M1^shits sick as hell.

• 2 weeks later...

I trade in all my previous choices for this one car..

Koenigsegg CC-R CCXR Edition

Engine:

V8 (Bi-Kompressor) w/Dry Sump Lubrication | Mid Longitudinal | DOHC (4-Valves)

5000 cc | 305.1 cu in | CR: 9.2:1

1018hp@7,200RPM | 740kW | 1080NM | 216.6 bhp per litre

Transmission:

6-Spd Manual w/Twin-Plate AP Racing Clutch | RWD w/Toqrue Sensitive LSD

Gear Ratio:

1st - 2.875:1

2nd - 1.773:1

3rd - 1.267:1

4th - 1.000:1

5th - 0.833:1

6th - 0.711:1

Final Gear: 3.364:1

Brakes/Front:

8-Piston Calipers

380 mm / 15.0 in (Carbon Ceramic Discs)

Brakes/Rear:

6-Piston Calipers

380 mm / 15.0 in (Carbon Ceramic Discs)

Tires/Wheels:

F: 255/35 ZR 19

R: 335/30 ZR 20

Weight:

1,280kg (2,816lbs)

0 - 100km/h(62mph): 2.9s

Top Speed: 415km/h (259mph)

Price: €1,874,250 Euro

4ktqnc.jpg

apk84m.jpg

1ikg1t.jpg

2hrpc8p.jpg

2sbpm3l.jpg

(sorry for the huge pictures)

Yes, because there's sooo much different

listen man

if you have a preference towards a certain type of vehicle, that's fine

but you should consider a few things:

1) they may look similar to you, but there is a large difference between the appearance and style of the two cars. the G is a proper b-a-l-l-e-r car, while the defender is an ugly service vehicle. If I knew how to upload them, I could show you a dozen pics of ridiculously decent G's, while for the other car, the best model is only OK. The G has a presence and image that is unique to itself. LRs, and even RRs are all over the place, and don't really convey anything. (the pic of the white G you posted is a distasteful example)

2) the defender might be more qualified for driving over giant rocks, but how does it fair on an actual road? 182HP engine in a 4000lb vehicle? I can understand that it's purpose built, but how the fuck are you supposed to use that on the highway? even the base model G class has a decent motor (292HP) while the amg (469HP) and brabus (612HP) models provide more than enough power for high speed driving. then there are other factors like ride quality, driving aides and tech implementation to consider, all of where the G outguns the defender.

3) take a look at the interiors. just looking at the defender pic makes you feel like a cheap truck driver. The G, on the other hand, I would be happy to drive across continents in. and that's without looking into what amg and brabus have to offer. the level of customization they do is unbelievable. their high end offerings are somewhere near maybach level in terms of quality. there is not a single off-road vehicle besides this that I know of which offers this level of service. G-klasse isn't for yuppies, nigga. Take a look at what people around the world are driving -> Lexus LX (/Land Cruiser), MB G-Klasse and Range Rover are all staples. you only see land rovers in military and low budget safari lines.

4) The G-Klasse is quite capable as an all-terrain vehicle as far as I know. I'm not an expert, so I'm only taking your word that the Defender or FJ are better. But what exactly are you planning to do where a G won't cut it? For everything else, the G dominates in every way.

there is a line between appreciated and inappropriate - and you need to look at more than just rockers and lockers to see it.

2wbw0sg.jpg

359ecgp.jpg

I might post some pics later

Everything I've ever heard/read is that the Defender is basically your top choice for mud-plugging... but, on the other hand, I've never once heard anybody refer to the G as merely adequate. I agree with you P; unless someone plans on living exclusively in some forsaken barren wasteland, I don't see why they'd prefer the Defender. The thing only ever looks like it's fun when it's dealing with crappy terrain, while I could conceivably get on the highway in the G and not regret it. The RR is probably better still, but then you're sacrificing more off-road ability.

This thread has made me realize there's two camps here; people who know stuff about cars, and people who are just attracted by the numbers (high power, low production numbers, price, etc).

No doubt you have a hard on for the G. That's fine. Someone asked about taking a vehicle offroad, and you threw out a couple of suburban variants. I threw out a couple of options that people who actually use the vehicles as designed, prefer. The late 70's/early 80's two door variants of the G were great, stripped down bases that performed well. But saying that some +100K modern AMG build should be considered for this particular application is a bit off.

As someone who modified and built Jeeps for overland travel, the thought of working on your broke Brabus 100 mi from the closest service outlet sans OBDII comp is inane. I've always liked the Merc, but it is what it is, and it's not something people take on the road less traveled.

For what it's worth, there are plenty more engine options for the Defender than what you listed AND I thought it was pretty clear I was showing two pretty ugly examples.

Still don't understand that neg rep.

There is a good collection of automotive taste here. If I were limited to five autos, I'd go with these...

Range Rover Sport for DD/Towing/Adventures...

08rangeroversport_1_srch_feed_20080324_20_13_54_1018-267-400.imageContent

Bugatti Veyron Pur Sang for a GT...

pursang_1.jpg

The Porsche 550 Spyder has been my dream car since I was a child...

screen.jpg

E30 BMW M3 for track days...

13a9a2a4fd8fd19e278960ajh1.jpg

Gemballa Mirage Porsche Carrera GT because it's visual and sonic perfection on wheels...

gemballa_mirage_gt_06.jpg

That's not including motorcycles though.

No doubt you have a hard on for the G. That's fine. Someone asked about taking a vehicle offroad, and you threw out a couple of suburban variants. I threw out a couple of options that people who actually use the vehicles as designed, prefer. The late 70's/early 80's two door variants of the G were great, stripped down bases that performed well. But saying that some +100K modern AMG build should be considered for this particular application is a bit off.

As someone who modified and built Jeeps for overland travel, the thought of working on your broke Brabus 100 mi from the closest service outlet sans OBDII comp is inane. I've always liked the Merc, but it is what it is, and it's not something people take on the road less traveled.

For what it's worth, there are plenty more engine options for the Defender than what you listed AND I thought it was pretty clear I was showing two pretty ugly examples.

Still don't understand that neg rep.

you make valid points, but I still like my SLR engined and granite trimmed V12 G-klasses.

and don't be sad, man. I call all my black friends nigger.

• 2 weeks later...
O RLY?

Is this faster than the Veyron? I'm curious of the top speed now that you mention it.

It has achieved a higher verified top speed of about 3 miles per hour

veyron is still the fastest accelerating and decelerating production car.

BLK505FrontFlat.jpg

1986 Peugeot 505 was the first.

Now I own a 1992 Jetta that doesn't run. Before it broke down I lent it to some friends who forgot to latch the hood after adding some oil. The hood flew up on them on the freeway, but luckily they didn't crash. Uglied up the car prtty good though...