help me decide for my collection!

edmond

I think you should buy as many jeans as possible so you can get over this trend or buy four pairs of jeans and donate the other pair to me.... If you do that I will totally positive rep you with no hesitation... I mean that is what your looking for right?

The good thing is that after you buy these 5 pairs of jeans you can get a group photo then post it in the "Lets see what you got" thread. Maybe you will get all the + rep that partytaco gets for his endless collection of 45 rpms and other jeans that have virtually no wear.

big ups.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to break it to you, but people have been collecting denim FAR longer than sneakers. This is far from new..

time and place has nothing to do with it.

first of all, people haven't been collecting pbj's and samurai's far longer than sneakers, this is a fact.

and second, i wasn't referring to people possibly such as yourself who collect denim for historic and love reasons, but those who seem to do so because message boards exist which praise people for their collections. those who have the extra ( or not in some cases) money start to hoard more ____ than they need or is necessary.

that is all, thanks.

time and place has nothing to do with it.

first of all, people haven't been collecting pbj's and samurai's far longer than sneakers, this is a fact.

and second, i wasn't referring to people possibly such as yourself who collect denim for historic and love reasons, but those who seem to do so because message boards exist which praise people for their collections. those who have the extra ( or not in some cases) money start to hoard more ____ than they need or is necessary.

that is all, thanks.

So people that hoard jeans for "historic and love reasons" have more of a right than someone who just buys jeans because he's got some spare cash? How do you know he ain't buying these jeans for historic and love reasons? The man just wants some advice about buying some jeans. Give him a break. If he wants to buy jeans and share pics with everyone here, then more power to him. I don't think he needs to justify the reasoning behind his purchasing choices.

btw, I think denim jeans have been around longer than sneakers have. Wranglers, Lee and Levis have been around for a lot longer than Nike or Addidas. What, you don't think people collected jeans before superfuture?

I think the man is referring to this round of the trend of collecting jeans. The same clowns that were collecting Nike two years ago are now collecting selvedge denim. This of course is unrelated to the collection of vintage denim that has been going on since the mid 80s and somewhat before also.

But don't you guys ever get the feeling that he's collecting for the wrong reasons? I dunno......

Why do some women buy 50 handbags or 300 pairs of shoes? Handbags started off as utilitarian cloth sacks to carry valuables. Shoes were invented to shield our feet from the ground. Hand bags have evolved into Hermes designed money sinks and just take a look at the shoe/boot thread on sufu to see how they've come about. Jeans may have de-evolved (from selvage to modern to selvage), but the reasons for purchasing haven't. The majority of people on this site aren't going to wear their $200 jeans and work construction or on the farm (some do and more power to them). They are just going to wear them in situations where a pair of trackpants or chinos would suffice. I think certain members have gone to the other extreme. Buying jeans as collection items. Like a pair of dress shoes or a handbag. That may not sit well with a lot of you, I get that, but is it wrong just because you disagree? People who 'collect' jeans wouldn't think so.

And btw, I purchase all my jeans to size and wear them. Some may not get as much wear as others, but they get used. I'm not going to frame them and hang them up or something. ;)

Do you guys really think he's doing it to impress people? I think he's just wacky about denim. I am too, I just don't announce purchases or post pics. I'm too lazy I guess.

I wear jeans 7 days a week and I like variety, I also need some jeans that are dark to wear with a blazer at work so I have picked up a lot of jeans and nice boots in the last couple of years.

Exactly when did these jeans become good for destruction only? I wear 5 pairs on a regular basis. I only kill my 103's and 5000VX and the others I try to keep clean. We're not all college kids trying to look as beat up as possible. The last thing I need is another pair of jeans but if Edmond can get me a pair of the 103XX I'll take them just because I love SDA's and that is my dream pair. I'll treat them very gently and keep them dark as long as possible.

Not talking trash just trying to present another side of the coin. Mike

• 4 weeks later...

hey thanks FA! hahahahaha well i got couple 872, okiinawas ,denime 66 , sam x t5 , and 103 a couple of shirts and redmoon stuffs... hhahahahaha man i love my picture!