help me decide for my collection!

edmond

hi guys ill be going to take 5 in hk this sunday ill purchase a couple of jeans i need you guys to help me decide which 5 jeans( only 5 pairs ) i should get fromt he store but i have a list of 8 jeans pls rank the first 5 jeans youd buy if you put youorself in my jeans( shoe) thanks guys here goes

1. sda 103

2. sc4041

3.eternal 872

4. eternal 811

5.fh3008

6. dubbleworks 660

7. denime 66 xxtype

8. sda 103xx

thanks!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eternal 811

SD-103

canes

FH 3008

dubbleworks

although i'd really put your current set of jeans through more wear first.

hey TIP thanks yeah ill do that i just dont want to pass up the opportunity of going to take5 ... seize the day!

jesus, why do you need five pairs of new jeans?

just for collection man.. i know i cant wear em all but im so fascinated with em im kindda obsessed...

Man you've been here long enough to know that there's a THIS OR THAT thread up top. Use it. But since you're asking, I'm going with SDA 103, Denime 66xx, Eternal 811, Canes, then Flat Head.

thanks man ...

Did take5 do a collabo with SDA for that 103XX? I didn't know SDA made an XX denim (at least anything marked with XX).

Wide ranging collection of cuts. slim, regular, repro. I'd get everything minus the SDA103XX (?), Et872 and the Dubbleworks. Because everything else are staples that should be in every collection (except for mine, though. I haven't got any of that five yet...):)

all of these "collectors" "obsessed" with denim seem to be sucking all the fun out of it.

its like niketalk all over again. why not enjoy what you have for the reason you have it.

after this it just becomes a popularity contest , and the more jeans you have the cooler you are.

go to take 5, close ur eyes spin around 2 times and randomly point @ 5 directions... have the guy there pull out the ones u pointed out in your size

I really don't get it Edmond, why do you need 5 more pairs when any of the pair you currently have shows barely any wear? Anyway, in you situation, I would just look around the store, talk with the people there and pick some brands that are less discussed here. I would be more interested on info on the Steam Loco, Stormy Blue or even some completly unknown brands. And go get some Yamane jeans. At least, if you want to collect, try to have an original collection.

+1 on the SDA103XX if you can find them though.

Whats wrong with having lots of nice jeans if you like them? I have a lots of skateboards I've never skated with... Some rich arseholes have more cars than any of us here have jeans (except maybe one person). Anyways I'm jealous to you too Edmond. I know for sure there's lots of jeans with original arcuates and tabs under the counter or in the storage room behind the shelves in Take5. I'd take some of those...

I don't think that anybody here really needs these jeans if it comes to that. :)

I don't see the need to buy 5 pairs just because you're going to Take 5. All of the Japanese denim brands are easy enough to get nowadays. Try them all on, buy one or two pairs, and keep the ones you like in your mind for the future.

thanks guys who understands me and thans too who are opposed.. im fairly new to this game i want to get the best jeans while im there cause i dont wanna go thru all the hassle with rakuten and etc etc.. at least there i can try on the jeans before buying them im not going to impress anyone by buying what they want i just want to know what people want cause what people want are mostly the best ( value for quality) jeans... anyway im going to pick up some RM's and some shirst from sam, flathead sugarcan etc while im there and maybe some sda belt and fh belts too... and guys rememeber ill get 20% discount on these..

all of these "collectors" "obsessed" with denim seem to be sucking all the fun out of it.

its like niketalk all over again. why not enjoy what you have for the reason you have it.

after this it just becomes a popularity contest , and the more jeans you have the cooler you are.

Sorry to break it to you, but people have been collecting denim FAR longer than sneakers. This is far from new..