Post some "Next level" shit.

theLorax

0214091448.jpg

some store I drove past in philly

haha I see this store all the time at 15th and Chestnut getting out of the SEPTA station. I thought about this thread but never had the chance to snap a pic.

would rep if I could...

haha I see this store all the time at 15th and Chestnut getting out of the SEPTA station. I thought about this thread but never had the chance to snap a pic.

would rep if I could...

haha I actually made my friend stop the car after I spotted this jewel so I could take a picture :o

Its obviously fake. The spaceships move too smoothly. If the windows moved "per pixel" then the ships would move jarringly. They move too smoothly indicating that some windows/room would have to have graduated lighting...

edit:

Here's an example of what the movement should behave like if it were real....

lyknI5_Wcqs

i agree with your first point, but i dont believe that that honda ad is real either. maybe im being too skeptical, but it seems like it would be way too easy to fake it with today's technology. why would they waste their time and energy if they could fake it, right? =\

i agree with your first point, but i dont believe that that honda ad is real either. maybe im being too skeptical, but it seems like it would be way too easy to fake it with today's technology. why would they waste their time and energy if they could fake it, right? =\

i'm not familiar with the price of cgi and such, but my guess is that it probably comes a lot cheaper to program the order of the lights in the cars than to create it out of nothing.

how it was made

Sci0KgJIzt4

Scientists Make Blackest Material Ever

black.jpg

By Brandon Keim EmailMarch 31, 2009 | 6:40:53 PMCategories: Materials Science, Nanotechnology

Wavelengths Scientists have fashioned what may be the blackest material in the universe: a sheet of carbon nanotubes that captures nearly every last photon of every wavelength of light.

The substance absorbs between 97 percent and 99 percent of wavelengths that can be directly measured or extrapolated. It's the closest that scientists have yet come to a black body, a theorized state of perfect absorption whose closest analogue is believed to be the opening of a deep hole.

The material, described Monday by Japanese nanotechnologists in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, is made from a flat array of vertically-aligned, single-walled carbon nanotubes. Photons that aren't immediately absorbed by a single nanotube deflect off and are absorbed by its neighbors.

"This interaction," write the researchers, "repeats until the attenuated light is completely absorbed by the forest." To the naked eye, the substance appears perfectly flat; in effect, it's a sheet of deep holes.

By comparison, the blackest paints and coatings absorb between 84 and 95 percent of all light. Researchers say the material would be useful in solar panels or to collect heat in the frigid vacuum of space.

Citation: "A black body absorber from vertically aligned single-walled carbon nanotubes." By Kohei Mizuno, Juntaro Ishii, Hideo Kishida, Yuhei Hayamizu, Satoshi Yasuda, Don N. Futaba, Motoo Yumura, and Kenji Hata.

http://blog.wired.com/wiredscience/2009/03/ultrablack.html