philippines :: general

I'll be coming in august. Staying at a condo in greenhills. Hopefully I can meet some of you!

greenhills? ballin.

Fuckin a hardgay. You shoulda been there... I woulda tried to pick up a girl for you if you were there... And I needed to get another + rep from Nesk if I had a pic of me chokin your ass out, in public...

that wont happen. unless you have a cute sister my age. then i'll keep mentioning her and asking about her until we're drunk and decide to fight.

im miss the philippines already.

greenhills? ballin.

that wont happen. unless you have a cute sister my age. then i'll keep mentioning her and asking about her until we're drunk and decide to fight.

im miss the philippines already.

I forgot to tell you about a place that sells records over here at Rockwell.

Price is like 350ish. Not too bad.

There was a record with an old Colnago racer on it, Im sure I coulda sold it for decent monies to a bike geek.

TSK TSK TSK MAN...

If your sister is attractive and around the age of 19-32, shoulda brought her out to play! HAHA jk... Maybe...

If anyone ever wants to head out to White Beach and party and drink... Let me kno...

I can try and get some decent rates...

Plus over there, I start drinking at 10am and dont stop till 10am 3 days later...

Al, where you wanna meet at, in the mall?

Next week is my chill week, since Ima be with my kid starting Monday till the Monday after... So I kno Ima get drunk on Saturday...

Damn, hooters huh? I heard from a friend that hmm.. their susos was so-so?

I'll see, I've got work for most of the morning and a birthday party later that night, I'll find a way to squeeze it in.

P.S. Where's White Beach? If it's a beach of any sort, im down. I need a break.

Damn, hooters huh? I heard from a friend that hmm.. their susos was so-so?

I'll see, I've got work for most of the morning and a birthday party later that night, I'll find a way to squeeze it in.

P.S. Where's White Beach? If it's a beach of any sort, im down. I need a break.

It's funny that I actually know the word, but it's fairly easy to figure out regardless.

Damn, sounds like you guys are having a great time! I really want to take a 2 week vacation to the Philippines. My girlfriend is Filipino, and I have a lot of Filipino co-workers who tell me the beaches are absolutely fantastic!

After reading this thread, the nightlife seems really great too. How far would my money stretch there in terms of food/drinks?

Damn, sounds like you guys are having a great time! I really want to take a 2 week vacation to the Philippines. My girlfriend is Filipino, and I have a lot of Filipino co-workers who tell me the beaches are absolutely fantastic!

After reading this thread, the nightlife seems really great too. How far would my money stretch there in terms of food/drinks?

The nightlife, as a Filipino-American, is fucking amazing. Girls love you because you speak English, have a cute English accent in T agalog, and USD/British Pounds go a far faaaar ways in terms of spending.

Plus, having hook-ups means I get into VIP super fast, without any drama/bs.

Food/Drinks have gotten more expensive in the nice parts of the Philippines (read: Makati), but everywhere else will get you a nice return. For example, enough food for seven people all you can eat was like $25-$30, with alcohol. It was pretty good. (not that I remember much of it).

If you're planning on going, do it, there are so many nice parts of the Philippines. I did some philanthropy/volunteer work there, and sadly, most of it is pretty 3rd world. It is getting better...Metro Manila traffic is a lot better than the early 00s, and there (should) be no more crazy political coups going on, but when I was there last (Holiday 07), a congressman friend of my uncle's was gunned down in a church courtyard during a wedding.

EDIT Oh, and don't go to Boracay. Too many tourists...and super expensive, catering to the foreigners. Also, when I was there a year ago or so, it was right after the Hurricane/Monsoon had wiped out most of the hotels/infrastructure/beaches. I had to cancel and sulk in Makati for a while instead. :(

And everybody else : Is it just me, or are all the nice nature hotspots/hotels dominated SOLELY by the Koreans and Japanese? I was at a resort, and aside from a brazilian girl, we were the only non-Korean/Japanese there, aside from the native staff.

^well as far as I know, the Philippines was a pretty hotspot for Japanese tourists, particularly in the 80's-90's. I think the number of Japanese tourists has declined the past few years.

On the other hand, there have been a high influx of Koreans during the past 3-4 years, due to a number of reasons. A few that I know of are: a.) to study- usually english then uni b.) to do/train for sports here during winter seasons/which later became a full year thing (wakeboarding, golf, etc) c.) to setup shop to cater to all the Korean nationals living here. Plus the supplement the Korea-mania worldwide (koreanovelas, food, hairstyle,etcetcetc). These are aside from the usual tourists and expats, yadayada

^^ I tell ya what, it's turning into fucking Little Seoul sometimes

A friend of mine said she was bringing girls to hang in Makati, and they were all Korean. Not like international sexy Korean, but fobby Seoul Seoul SEOOOULLL korean.

Still went home with one anyways.

But yeah, all the korean girls are all over entertainment, it's cuz they're pale and all the homepinays want to be just as pale. It's kind of annoying actually. Whenever I'm here in the States, I dig the brown-hued girls, but whenever I'm there, it's always the super-pale Filipinas that get a lot of airtime. I never see any browner hotties on the television in any prominent spotlight.

i watched caregiver last month while i was there and rica peralejo was on it. she was tanned and far from what all the girls are like on tv. i hope she starts something.

but i have nothing against having too many mestizas on tv. marian rivera is just OH MY GAWD.

But yeah, all the korean girls are all over entertainment, it's cuz they're pale and all the homepinays want to be just as pale.

This is truth. That's why all these skin whitening products sell so well. For the longest time ever, probably since the time of our grandparents, all Filipinas want to have to white skin, generally anyway.

Probably still got some of that colonial mentality left over from the American/Japanese period? And in present time, all the ads and shows keep bombing them with that "white skin is the only way to go" mentality, so everybody wanna be white and pale.

If you ain't pale and white, it aint right? lol

MrJuby: yes, she is fineeee. Did you manage to catch the new (I think) Sunsilk commercial?