philippines :: general

• 7 months later...

In terms of streetwear, there's a lot of stores, just scattered all over Manila. It's the "in" thing over here for the moment, and people can't seem to get enough of it. Idk.

P.S.

Stuntastic, I think I saw that face in your avatar a couple months back. All SuFu'ed out with Evisu jeans and alot of leather shenanigans hanging from his waist. I lolled inside.

If you're looking at hidden consignment stores with very high markup:

BUNKER, The Fort beside FLuxx

P&P, Korea Town near Rockwell

CRATE, LRI Plaza Makati

For streetwear:

Tonic in QC got Hundreds I think among other stuff

G1 Social in Rockwell

I bet there are a ton of hidden spots around the city. I heard Takeover Shop might be opening soon in Eastwood Libis and I heard Borgy Manotoc has his own shop, not exactly sure where it is though

I work over in Greyone Social in Rockwell. It's alright, I mean, nothing really SuFu approved, but for street wear, we've got a pretty broad collection of brands, 3sixteen, 10Deep, Stussy, that sort of stuff.

Another store that is pretty good is Bunker, it's over in The Fort, in the Carport compound. That's Borgy Manotoc's store. Im not exactly sure what they stock, from what I remember, just a lot of "collabo" items. They love their "brand x brand" stuff over there.

Crate is a good place if your looking for sneakers. It might be a bit hard to find if you aren't familiar with Makati though. They carry a pretty decent collection of sneakers. (Nike SB, Visvim, Ubiq, NB).

I've got to be honest though about one thing, most of the stuff you'll find in the Philippines is overpriced, ranging from a tad bit over, to rape prices. It be better buying elsewhere if you had the option to, because most stores in the Philippines just resell.

Based from experience, the only place you might get a better deal at is our store, Greyone Social. I don't know how it works and it don't mean to be biased, but due to how we ship it, the items do ends up to be a bit cheaper than it would normally be in the U.S.

I agree with one of the previous poster.

Almost everything in Manila is overpriced. ( except for hair cuts and maybe food )

I know this for a fact because I have lived here all my life.

I mean I was on a session of my "retail teraphy" one day and I camw across this wallet from Bally I saw in the interweb. It costs like $175 in amazon.com

The thing cost like double or tripple here.

Try the store Theodore's on Bonifacio High Street they have a wide array of denim an and sneakers.

them at theo's selling stronghold pants for double the retail price at stronghold dont bother checking them out

and yeahyou aint getting nothing here in manila thata sufu approved..

go to hk to shop thats the nearest place for sufu approved clothes

Yeah, Theodore's has a pretty good selection, and a mean overcharge. How it stays in business, and who shops there, is beyond me. They are the only place though that carries Common Projects in the Philippines I think. It's worth a peak if your having some trouble deciding what size to order.

It's a great place though, if your looking for Stringray leather wallets.. :o

Yeah, Theodore's has a pretty good selection, and a mean overcharge. How it stays in business, and who shops there, is beyond me. They are the only place though that carries Common Projects in the Philippines I think. It's worth a peak if your having some trouble deciding what size to order.

It's a great place though, if your looking for Stringray leather wallets.. :o

Overcharged indeed. Even if they go on sale it's still overcharged. Atleast they have good stuff on showcase.

Since we're on the topic of "overcharge" I saw this $35 Marc by Marc Jacobs polo shrit online. Here on the Marc by Marc Jacobs Phillipine store it goes for like $110.

sheesh!

^I agree with the posts above. It's not only overpriced but selection is quite bad as well. I don't know what the buyers over here are thinking. Even Nike Philippines is selling their sneakers at prices way above US retail. Demonito is right, HK is just 2 hours away, just go there and shop.

^

co-sign!

The Marc by Marc Jacobs store only has like 10 clothes for men. And waay to overpriced at that!

Best shirt store in the PHL would have to be Team Manila. Specially if you live outside the PHL you won't see a lot of those shirts.

thanks for the help everyone, but it looks like i wont be kopping any cluthings while im here if everything is overpriced. but ill check out the spots if i get the chance.

if anyone's down for a meetup just pm me your number. stuntastic says hes down. no ladyboys please.

my aunt says that theres mad records in raon. like 45s and lps. this true? i dont wanna get there and end up wasting my time.

thanks for the help everyone, but it looks like i wont be kopping any cluthings while im here if everything is overpriced. but ill check out the spots if i get the chance.

if anyone's down for a meetup just pm me your number. stuntastic says hes down. no ladyboys please.

my aunt says that theres mad records in raon. like 45s and lps. this true? i dont wanna get there and end up wasting my time.

You can find a lot of nice goodies in Raon. Im not sure about the LPs you might get disapointed and find some Sharon Cuneta LPs instead of say Led Zeplin.

To going to the internet cafe waiting for my girlfriend daily, cuz I have NOTHING to do, hence looking for a job, desperately...

But... Its ok with me... I accept the lifestyle, very laid back... Not as superficial as I was in the states... Eventho I really want most of my clothes over here, just because Im sick of looking the same everyday... Especially since I do the samethings practically everyday...

But, its great... Im satisfied...

wow, this post, to me, is the most depressing thing ive ever read in my life. Everytime i think of my future, my worst fear is to be stuck in mediocrity and being pigeonholed to the same routine every day. Repetiton is the worst thing to me about "growing up" and here you are finding solace in it

gnarly

Yeah, haven't been up to Filthy Grommet myself, i've heard they're reselling a couple nice shoes, and the hoodies, I think, are designed by one of the owners I hate going up north from Makati though, I end up spending my time driving in circles, and getting wrong directions. Not the best thing to do in snail paced traffic aswell. :(

^

Well, Im from Makati too and yes trafic is a major bitch!

maybe we can check em out..like a meetup

Sure mate. I really hope they're selling Supremes or Id be very disapointed.