Post your desktops.

seksu!

There is no hate right now, guy. You just didn't understand my initial joke.

What do you say, friendzies again?

I thought I was being cute and endearing.

I'm really bad at this...friendzies!

1) Steam will work perfectly if you want to run some flavor of windows (or OSX86) in a VM. I suggest VMWare desktop or VirtualBox. I am running windows XP inside Ubuntu right now with VirtualBox.

2) When you say adobe are you speaking of PDFs? Or stuff like photoshop?

3) Huh? Wine is not emulation? :)

• 3 weeks later...
I just wanted to ask if anyone else used f.lux, your screen becomes really easy on the eyes during night.

I've been using it for a few weeks now and I'm into it. Only thing that bothers me is when I wake the computer from sleep, it kinda flickers between flux mode and regular mode before settling back into flux. I'd prefer if it didn't do that. Otherwise, I dig it.

1) Steam will work perfectly if you want to run some flavor of windows (or OSX86) in a VM. I suggest VMWare desktop or VirtualBox. I am running windows XP inside Ubuntu right now with VirtualBox.

Yeah, Steam will work perfectly but your gaming performance will be terrible in a VM.

desktop.jpg

I've been using it for a few weeks now and I'm into it. Only thing that bothers me is when I wake the computer from sleep, it kinda flickers between flux mode and regular mode before settling back into flux. I'd prefer if it didn't do that. Otherwise, I dig it.

It's on startup for me. I'm always online late into the night and it really fucked with my sleep schedules in undergrad until I stopped doing that. f.lux helps with that.

Yeah, Steam will work perfectly but your gaming performance will be terrible in a VM.

desktop.jpg

Depends on how much resources you throw at it. :) I've played starcraft 2 running in VirtualBox in ubuntu 64bit but I have 12GB ram and dual quad-core xeons.

I've seen this:

http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxgames/requirements/

Running on lesser hardware though. And this guy has a guide:

http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/2010/07/howto-starcraft-2-on-linux-with-wine.html

modern multi-core multi-threaded CPUs which can chew up games already will do so just fine when running in VM so long as you allocate resources. Hell, virtualbox 3.2 and up even supports directX!