What Happened?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know I definitely sense a growing awareness concerning the fashion sphere that is encouraging, didn't this board start as a dunk discussion forum or something? I know I started lurking and posting just to get info about jeans and would look elsewhere for my fashion fix, now we do have some interesting design threads.

for a moment i felt repentant about the way ftb2 has been treated, but then i thought some more and changed my mind.

People say i look funny on here, have odd body proportions, when honestly i have ONLY heard the opposite from pretty much anyone i've come in contact with in reality. As cop out as it sounds, i look GOOD in reality, and in the photos i take, here or elsewhere, they never quite come across as how i seem.

first off, people are less inhibited on the internet, leading to more hate, but also often to more honesty than in the real world (except for children, who can be brutally honest). therefore not getting insulted in real life doesn't mean all that much. i think ftb may be in denial, based on the sheer number of posters echoing the same idea that he looks odd. as a wise man once said, know thyself. anyway, who said looking odd/funny was a bad thing? better than looking bland or forgettable.

secondly, ftb hasn't even really been hated on that much. sure, there's been a surge lately but it's nothing compared to the hate on a lot of other people, which routinely includes attacks on personal appearance as well as fits.

let's take some examples. jhey probably gets more hate than anyone on the board, but it doesn't seem to faze him. even a noob and immature child like him handles the criticism better than ftb.

another example is keagan. he is bombarded on a daily basis with all kinds of hate and crap from jmatsu, airjamie, and lots of others, but i haven't seen him mewling or whining about being unfairly singled out. there was an incredibly harsh sufu lookalike from begs (see below) that was actually much meaner than the jabba one i did on ftb, but keagan didn't even bother responding.

ok, so you might say ftb is a venerable member of the board and well respected, so he's not in the same category as jhey and keagan.

here's a final example then: sidney lo, one of the biggest e-peens on the board. sidney's another guy who is rather unique in appearance and has received some (good-natured) flak about it, including some pretty mean sufu lookalikes (see below). but nary any protest from sid. he takes it all in stride, and often laughs at himself, which garners respect for being cool about it.

i guess the moral of this long-winded story is, your character is best revealed not by what others say about you, but how you respond to it.

520679103_b3acc91dd4_o.jpg

02lamafp2.jpg

waywt_mar13_01.jpg

desktop2_0800.jpg

eh, the likes of Icarus i can accept criticism from. Coming from you i find this a complete joke...if i remember correctly you post yourself wearing shit like Supreme and instead, you look like a fucking bum. No offense, of course.

you're right, i should start dropping my money on ill fitting bespoke suits instead.

Eh, I think we're allowed to make fun of people that we think look funny...we do it with everyone else. FTB with his return is now less 'off limits' because there's lots of newer posters. Just like, I left HB for a long time and came back, now they're much more outspoken with criticism/hate/whatever because they 'dont know who i am' haha. It's good.

Guest youngteam

i'm always mystified when i see people refer to the exceptional quality of fade to black's posts. for the most part it seemed he was a weird looking guy who had nothing significant to say, and in my estimation the level of viciousness that his waywt posts inspired were never enough. ftb is confused by all the scorn he receives? i'm confused that there wasn't more. this godforsaken place is made infinitely better for his absence.

another example is keagan. he is bombarded on a daily basis with all kinds of hate and crap from jmatsu, airjamie, and lots of others, but i haven't seen him mewling or whining about being unfairly singled out. there was an incredibly harsh sufu lookalike from begs (see below) that was actually much meaner than the jabba one i did on ftb, but keagan didn't even bother responding.

I didn't even see that I actualy think it is pretty funny. Im actually not on here a lot, if I read a thread I gusually post in it. It's the fucking internet. How your feelings could seriously get hurt over the fucking internet is beyond me.s

/drunkkkkkkk

I've been on this forum for quite some time but don't post to often. It use to have get some very good information on retail/fashion. But it has definetely taken a downward turn. The forum is getting huge, plain and simple, noobs are coming in at a increasing rate. Add this together with elitist and you can get quite the hostile environment.

anyways ftb2 no need to explain yourself, you should have just left. many late greats have passed such as ringring, serge. Too bad too cuz some of the old guys had some sick knowledge.

ever since i came back, this board has become a fucking FTB stoning fest. back when i was at school and posted even more unflattering pics, nobody said shit. Now that i'm back and bought some new clothes seems like people take any opportunity they can get to take shots at me, completely unprovoked.

Maybe it's my display of wealth, knowledge, and general sense of self-satisfaction that causes some pathetic, self loathing and insecure people to try to bring someone else down to their level...people don't like to see someone else doing good, better than them especially. but whatever man. the amount of hate on this board is really getting suffocating.

cosign 100%... i knew it wasnt just me, many people on this site are just assholes lol. u get used to it tho i guess

^

The reason you are hated is the fact you called out on the members of this board first. Re-read your post and see how much hate is in your own words. Don't even attempt to put yourself in ftb2's position. He had plenty to contribute and you got nothing but stupidity and your ego.

i hate walking down the fucking street seeing men in skintight women's jeans. shit is disgusting, not to mention pretty homo. is 1 out of every 2 or 3 members of this website gay or something wearing all those skinny jeans? it disgusts me...

that is all.

cosign 100%... i knew it wasnt just me, many people on this site are just assholes lol. u get used to it tho i guess

Shut up, douchebag... your 150 posts or whatever are a complete waste of space...

Just in case you missed it:

also the vast majority of people that joined superfuture after 2007 pretty much suck

A+ thread. I +repped sohoADICK for being a partially retarded bag of shit. Do your thing, boy.

I thought it was funny when ftb posted a WAYWT in an ill fitting bespoke suit - the sleeves on his jacket were too long and he had the knowledge to drop some shit likening it to some Yohji aesthetic - an astute remark, but he didn't have the sense to wear a suit that look good on him.

I don't really give a shit, and I never really thought much about the dude - but this thread is an abominable display of egomaniacal, self-important bullshit. ftb’s utter lack of tact and style in handling this situation reiterates that the dude clearly has some self-esteem issues he needs to iron out before he can continue as a productive member of this board.

Whatever. I'm having a bad day.

I think this brings up a good topic though. I've been off and on superfuture for a while... lurked for a while before joining too, because I didn't have much to contribute (not saying that I do now anyways).

Saying that though, I have noticed a steep decline in the quality of the posts, and it seems like because of this, we're losing some quality contributors. We used to have some very prolific posts, but with the loss of these people, we've been reduced to constant nattering and hating. We're losing the community that we once had.

People hating on other peoples' outfits is pointless - we're possibly all tempted to do it, but it just has no purpose and is a waste of the superfuture bandwidth. Regardless of posters' intentions of posting their fits (whether they're trying to be popular, or they're trying to show off, or if they're genuinely trying to bring something to the community), they're still providing information for us. As someone had mentioned a while back, the more we hate on people, the more we discourage people to post. Who knows, they might have something really interesting to show us, or become an extremely valued member.

Corbin had mentioned before that maybe this is because we've learned all there is to know. I disagree with this. I agree that we used to have more new things to talk about on a more regular basis, but I think this is only because posters were on the constant lookout for things to share here. I think that we've become reliant and lazy (it may be part of the whole group think mentality, I don't know... but I'm guilty of this as well), we log into superfuture hoping that someone else is going to provide us with something new, and if there isn't we just waste our days away posting in ridiculous polls in supertrash. Or maybe people are finding these new things and are suddenly hesitant about posting them, in fear of being crucified.

As mike lowrey had brought up, people used to value information here and now we're all looking at a quick fix of entertainment. New posters are here to learn and possibly contribute, but with nothing to give early on in, they want to be the next Jmatsu (I'm not saying what he's doing is right or wrong, he speaks his mind, so be it). We're no longer glorifying knowledge. Maybe it's the rep bars? People who haven't been on superfuture long enough, simply don't know what the older members have brought to it - so they rely on these little green squares to tell them who's who. Maybe this is also contributing to the group think, where people will be more willing to agree with a highly repped member, than to stop and think for themselves before posting. In any case, people are trying to establish their place in the community, and they're doing that by just taking cheap shots in hopes that someone is entertained enough to add to their rep bar.

Anyways, that's about all I had to say. FTB, it would be nice if you stuck around, but if not, best of luck in your future.

Uhh... look in superfashion. A lot of good debate, jmatsu takes part in it all the time. If they want to be next jmatsu, perhaps they should start posting something meaningful.

Superfuture has always been the same, it didn't change. Except maybe for superdenim since most of the knowledge has already been shared.

People complain every six months, servo complained around Dec 2006 and yet he decided to stay. Now it's FTB and some others... nothing new, move on if you don't like it.

Saying that though, I have noticed a steep decline in the quality of the posts, and it seems like because of this, we're losing some quality contributors. We used to have some very prolific posts, but with the loss of these people, we've been reduced to constant nattering and hating. We're losing the community that we once had.
Who, for instance?

I don't follow everyone around, but I remember Ringring used to post quite often here. Sure, he may post from time to time now, but when he does, people treat it like the second coming of Christ.

He was in superdenim, he left cause he's busy. Who else? Tell me what better we had before superfashion?

Guest jmatsu
I don't follow everyone around, but I remember Ringring used to post quite often here. Sure, he may post from time to time now, but when he does, people treat it like the second coming of Christ.

dai,

i see where you're coming from, but where the circumstance of fade's and ringx2's departures different? did ringring take absence because he got offended? or did he just get busy or have better things to do? i generally value fade, but let's face it, the way he bid adieu could hardly be called dignified. while i agree that things have been somewhat declining, i think that there has to be a balance between the fun and the knowledge. opinions will always collide so the very implication of a sufu utopia is absurd/pointless. anyway, what would you suggest. NO HATE

and the superfashion thread is great. it didn't even exist until servo got mod-ified.

Uhh... look in superfashion. A lot of good debate, jmatsu takes part in it all the time. If they want to be next jmatsu, perhaps they should start posting something meaningful.

Superfuture has always been the same, it didn't change. Except maybe for superdenim since most of the knowledge has already been shared.

People complain every six months, servo complained around Dec 2006 and yet he decided to stay. Now it's FTB and some others... nothing new, move on if you don't like it.

I used Jmatsu as an example because everyone knows him, and criticizing is his forté. I agree he has been contributing a lot lately, so maybe this was a poor example on my part.

dai,

i see where you're coming from, but where the circumstance of fade's and ringx2's departures different? did ringring take absence because he got offended? or did he just bet busy or have better things to do? i generally value fade, but let's face it, the way he bid adieu could hardly be called dignified. while i agree that things have been somewhat declining, i think that there has to be a balance between the fun and the knowledge. opinions will always collide so the very implication of a sufu utopia is absurd/pointless. anyway, what would you suggest. NO HATE

and the superfashion thread is great. it didn't even exist until servo got mod-ified.

I agree, Servo is doing an excellent job in superfashion. I'm not sure if I voted for him in 2006, but I should have in any case. Sure, these posters are busy with their lives and all and find less time to post, but it does have something to do with the prioritization of the things around them. Maybe it's because of the shift in attitudes within superfuture that Ringring suddenly found reason to place more precedence on, who knows?

superfuture has changed, you just havent been here long enough to notice it

daikonyama is right

rep bars makes everyone power hungry for attention and e-peen growth.

supershopper is a bit of a joke now. part of it is due to S/S being more boring seasons, but theres hardly any good discussion anymore. Just threads about where I can buy this etc etc. There's hardly any new discussion on non-established brands.

superdenim is okay i think but theres too few people contributing and too many people leeching info without giving anything back, people should be more grateful for any help with sizing etc they recieve. But i think its one of the better more active forums

supertrash hasnt changed, but honestly i mostly think supershopper has gone down the shitter

if u weren't around in 05 when there would only be a handful of new posts in one day, and superdenim wasnt even a sub-forum, you wouldnt even realize how much this place changed

i tried to make a WAYWT thread before the current one, and people basically rejected the whole idea and thought it was too similar to niketalk, and now most people could imagine supertalk without it