chucks vintage official thread

chucksvintage

What else do you guy's want to see?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. What else do you guy's want to see?

I don't want to spam this thread. But I have two very cool Auctions up on Ebay now. One is a Vintage Hercules cropped Chore Jacket (Bill, the one i spoke to you about getting re-made) and some very interested LVC factory sample blue line selvedge overalls.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160244785109&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=006

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=160243512748&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=006

hey chuck have you seen anything like this? i found these on ebay. union made duck head jeans. i really like the trouser style pockets, and the denim is so light and comfortable, dont usually see jeans made this thin. id really like to find some more or something similar. they remind me of the denim prison uniform pants and yard coat that inmates would wear.

img1247mi1.jpg

img1249ux5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I am not looking for new brands any more. My roots are in Vintage and thats what I love so thats what I should do. New jeans dont do it for me like an old pair of Levis,Lee,Boss of the Road. You cant ever get that soul that's in Vintage. So I am done with the new world.I will live it up to the Selfedge and Big. They do a great job at it.

Thanks for the note though.

Great pics coming today of super rare Levis overalls.

DSCN1071.jpg

What are the black shoes in this picture - PF Flyers?

Thanks,

-Jake

Great pics Madeline, thanks for sharing!

I had a question, do you know what causes the discolouration we sometimes see on old denim like on this pic you just posted:

DSCN1065.jpg

I'm talking about the white, bleached out kind of spots on the seat.

It doesn't look like fading one could get from wearing, more like it has been crumpled up for a loooong long time and the exposed spots have been sunbleached or something. I'm curious.

Also a cinch on bib overalls, don't think I've ever seen that before.

VERY nice overalls!

I'd be interested in your thoughts on those patches, too. I've wondered if they are mud (or oil) that has acted like a poultice and drawn out the indigo. SUn-bleached would be a good suggestion, but indigo is one of the least light-fugitive dyes used in clothing.

Edit: that last sentence is bollocks. Altho indigo fades less in light than many other dyes, (as do most blues, look at old posters for examples) I now realise, having looked at the Cone "FOund' jeans, than strong direct sunlight can bleach denim, almost to white, exactly like this.