Hair Thread

qom

this is my hair in the basic half-up style i usually wear and the braid i keep it in for yard work, running, etc.

do you guys think it's too long? it seems like people either love or hate really long hair

dzTSqYu.png

my last major cut was over 2 years ago, and my last trim was about 3 months ago, so i'm due for another trim at least

this is my hair in the basic half-up style i usually wear and the braid i keep it in for yard work, running, etc.

do you guys think it's too long? it seems like people either love or hate really long hair

dzTSqYu.png

my last major cut was over 2 years ago, and my last trim was about 3 months ago, so i'm due for another trim at least

How do you get the hair so flat? Same problem as him hair isnt dry i use conditioner and its plenty shiny..

hey guys, any suggestions on products (aside from conditioning) that softens your hair? my hair is really hard and alway sticks up instead of slicks back like how i want it to

also, any recommendation on combs, or is anything fine?

Tried a truckload of puttys, getting it thinned, going to different places for haircuts and always the same problem. Gatsby works for a half hour if im lucky then its a porcupine again. Didnt care when i used to have it buzzed all the time for swimming. I dont compete anymore so i wanna start some serious stylin.

hey guys, any suggestions on products (aside from conditioning) that softens your hair?  my hair is really hard and alway sticks up instead of slicks back like how i want it to

also, any recommendation on combs, or is anything fine?

How do you get the hair so flat? Same problem as him hair isnt dry i use conditioner and its plenty shiny..

Tried a truckload of puttys, getting it thinned, going to different places for haircuts and always the same problem. Gatsby works for a half hour if im lucky then its a porcupine again. Didnt care when i used to have it buzzed all the time for swimming. I dont compete anymore so i wanna start some serious stylin.

how short is your hair? are you asian? i know a lot of asian guys who won't cut their hair too short for that very reason

longer hair is heavier, so its own weight tames it to some degree, and it's more pliable 

on the other hand, making it even shorter won't keep it from sticking out, but it will look less dramatic

this treatment is pretty popular in korea, and while you can get your entire head done, most guys just do the sides

if you don't want your hair to be significantly shorter or longer than it is now, then i'd say a perm is the best option

kd7pymL.jpg

that image is from an advertisement for a DIY treatment, but i couldn't tell you how safe or effective it is, so i think it would be best to visit a salon first

also, even if you aren't asian, you should look for a salon that primarily works with asian hair because i doubt other salons will be familiar with the treatment

Damn can't thank you enough. Not full asian but got the asian hair and yeah its shorter than that dudes. Perfect timing cus im in L.A. every year for Christmas with the fam. Took your advice and got my shit right at Yu hair. She permd the back and sides and even gave somethin to take back home for touchups.

I need to find something to do with my hair.  My hair grows super thick and outwards and up and this is about as short as I can have it for it to go down.  Anybody in a similar situation or have advice on something that would work?  I tried a buzz and it just looked awkward growing out. Looking for good styles for thick hair 

EISSSoM.png

This is with it pushed directly down:

hVFL4A8.png

My hair is super thick and grows straight forward/upwards. I usually keep the back/sides cut very short and the front thinned out a bit. Then I use hair wax, or something really matte and strong. 

Here's my current hair (a couple of months since I got it cut) with a bonus cat: 

udhBJ7n.jpg

I know I'm a girl, but I pretty much get dude haircuts. 

My hair is super thick and grows straight forward/upwards. I usually keep the back/sides cut very short and the front thinned out a bit. Then I use hair wax, or something really matte and strong. 

Here's my current hair (a couple of months since I got it cut) with a bonus cat: 

I know I'm a girl, but I pretty much get dude haircuts. 

looks great on you. i liked the buzz cut too but this is great!

This is my hair grown out a week or so before I need a cut. I don't use any product but I think I need to try something since the front never looks or stays how I want it to.

I tried american crew fiber in the past and was thinking about trying it again unless you guys have some better recs. My hair is already really thick so anything that makes it look thicker doesn't go over well.

VGLTU4g.png

how short is your hair? are you asian? i know a lot of asian guys who won't cut their hair too short for that very reason

longer hair is heavier, so its own weight tames it to some degree, and it's more pliable 

on the other hand, making it even shorter won't keep it from sticking out, but it will look less dramatic

this treatment is pretty popular in korea, and while you can get your entire head done, most guys just do the sides

if you don't want your hair to be significantly shorter or longer than it is now, then i'd say a perm is the best option

kd7pymL.jpg

that image is from an advertisement for a DIY treatment, but i couldn't tell you how safe or effective it is, so i think it would be best to visit a salon first

also, even if you aren't asian, you should look for a salon that primarily works with asian hair because i doubt other salons will be familiar with the treatment

Thanks!  wil definitely give that a try!  

Damn can't thank you enough. Not full asian but got the asian hair and yeah its shorter than that dudes. Perfect timing cus im in L.A. every year for Christmas with the fam. Took your advice and got my shit right at Yu hair. She permd the back and sides and even gave somethin to take back home for touchups.

asian hair problems, hate it

fuck im still trying to do a slick back for my asian hair but its too stubborn.

any ideas to tame it?

I use to have that problem too.  now that my hair on top has grown taller, i noticed that it slicks back way easier.  mine is more off to the side than slicked completely back but i think the weight and length of the hair helps!

also, i find that it helps that i used a hydrating shampoo and blowdry my hair in the direction i want it to go.  hope that helps!

• 2 weeks later...

i've had a shit knot for two years now and its still at the awkward phase where its not long enough to wear down without looking like a creepy librarian.

also shaved the sides about 18 months ago because i got too reckless waiting for it all to grow

friend copied me when i did it and he was like you, i presume, with one of those fancy mens hair cuts, and mine was a shaved head, and firstly from 2011 to now im so glad i shaved my sides but now, i think he feels better for not but did look like a massive fob for two years, whereas now mine looks more 'trendy' if i commit to the side shaving which is quite bad because i kind of look trendy in the scene kid sense. otherwise i just have owl tufts on the side, so i'm growing it out to wear down.

It's up to you, whether to shave or not, ive surmised from creeping on 'fewgale' that he grew his hair super long and it was too much so he shaved the sides, hairdressers also agrees my thick hair its good i shaved the sides/i wouldve have to at the end anyway.

If you have thin hair, go through the peak phase of 1 year+, whilst on the upside my friends hair is much longer than mine because he didnt shave the sides, dont know but i've again surmised that its because my hair rate is stumped by growth into sides which is super quick. which doesn't make biological snese.

if you have thick hair, and can't bear the wait or weight of hair, shave the sides i do a fair amount of exercise and tufts of hair dangling just pissed me off so i shaved em

I've sort of neglected my hair for the past 6 months so its about time i do something with it.  My hair's medium thickness and wavy, can anyone recommend a hairstyle for the length it's at now? high forehead/widows peak may be an issue.  Also i'd rather keep the bangs long

OLvRap1.jpg?1KZXhXsL.jpg?1

OZuy3nm.jpg?1

my facial hair's really unkempt too.  probably going to end up shaving it off entirely

Edited by Schoon