the heroin thread (for hardcore addicts)

Guest jmatsu

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gravity records!....that san diego type shits...i still play all my old 7"s on the regular.

angel hair ( werent they from colorado?)

unwound (that one-sided etched 7")

of course HEROIN 7" and that paper bag 7"

EVERGREEN....

tristeza.....

heroin over AA..no doubt..god they were good.

a. i loved and still love gravity records. remember fighting with people over what really constituted a "screamo" band? good times.

b. i've mentioned liquid sky before, keags. that movie's one of my faves.

c. my neck, my back.

crom tech was the last gravity record for me

the second story window 7" doesn't hold up IMO

as much as i love BA, i don't consider them a gravity records band per se (though their split w/ UOA [can we start a UOA thread?] was on gravity, iirc)

hey DDML...did you get ahold of that zine i was talken to you about....they have a flyer for this show in it, maybe you were there...might be a bit before your time.

august 5th 1993...

HEROIN

chino horde

FRANKLIN

CURRENT

among tired eyes....

at the calvary church....

what a fucken show.

Guest jmatsu
crom tech was the last gravity record for me

the second story window 7" doesn't hold up IMO

as much as i love BA, i don't consider them a gravity records band per se (though their split w/ UOA [can we start a UOA thread?] was on gravity, iirc)

this thread was basically my platform to talk about heroin (the drug) in superculture, but i am happy that we can talk about gravity records none the less.

basically anything tony joy touched was golded. uoa were gods. i loved the great unravelling as well. born against and uoa had a split together because sam mcpheeters and joy were buddies. no homo....i think.

fucking angel hair!!!!!

Guest jmatsu
crom tech, second story window, born against, 3 mile pilot, v.s.s. gravity was the best label. i say was, because the new releases ain't doin it for me. although earthless, and sea of tombs are pretty good.

for real.

i haven't even heard of earthless and sea of tombs. i enjoy some of gern blansten's new catalog though (not just the chromatics,glass candy, that watchers).

hey DDML...did you get ahold of that zine i was talken to you about....they have a flyer for this show in it, maybe you were there...might be a bit before your time.

august 5th 1993...

HEROIN

chino horde

FRANKLIN

CURRENT

among tired eyes....

at the calvary church....

what a fucken show.

wow, that's a hell of a lineup. How did franklin fare on that show?

Guest jmatsu
anyone know if matt anderson ever get off heroin?

regarding a day called zero. i think i have the 7" somewhere, but i never actually listened to it. was it dudes from physics and three mile pilot?

oh, one word: MOHINDER!

not necessarily all gravity, but:

lava!

spanakorzo!

swing kids!

drivelikejehu!

thecrimsoncurse!

still life!

orchid!

sorry about that i just felt like name dropping.

haha. i used to be into all of those bands. i actually saw orchid's last show ever, in this tiny room at harvard university. they played two sets because it was so tiny and kid's lined across the block to get in. too bad those guys are in panthers now, cuz they huff mad dong.

regarding a day called zero. i think i have the 7" somewhere, but i never actually listened to it. was it dudes from physics and three mile pilot?

yes it was those guys. its really good stuff, take that 7" out and slip it on the table!

that sounds not quite how I want it to.

they shoulda stuck with sounding like crossed out

I loved that shit in 96 but it's not a good look in the new millennium.

Gravity was ill. There was a time when I had every single release (up until 98 I guess). Faves were the Heroin 12", John Henry West EP, MITB, and second Antioch Arrow 12".

Mohinder was probably my favorite band out of that scene, but that stuff never really was big on the East Coast like it was in Cali.

My band played with The Locust and Jenny Piccolo in Chicago back in 96 and those bands ripped shit. Whatever people may say about The Locust now, they were the real deal back then, with no goofy outfits.