the heroin thread (for hardcore addicts)

Guest jmatsu

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

damn i definitely remember a huggy bear split

on gravity i think or... some other label

i can hear it in my head:

"waiting for the midnight hour... mumble mumble mumble... for your love to come tumbling down...

HOUR!

POWER!

etc etc etc"

was it a split with shroomunion?

I dunno man. I found two discography webpages for them and the only split mentioned is the one with Bikini Kill..

• 5 months later...
void is probably my favorite hardcore band next to black flag. they invented so many sounds and they still sound ahead of everyone else today

i have their "hit and run" demo its hilariously awesome.

Die Kruezen is great but an aquired taste, you either love them or hate them. their late era metal stuff is SO BAD

the whole DIY san diego sound always reminded me of the manchester art school bands of the 1980s without synths + the early noisey garage bands like SUICIDE.

BUMPING a great topic.

I would have to say that Void and Articles of Faith are two of my favorite first wave hardcore bands which I find to have been very influential and "ahead of their time/experimental"...alongside Black Flag of course. You can hear a little of them in many of the late 80's early-mid-90's hardcore bands...I definitely hear a little bit of both in Sam McPheeters vocals.

Drive Like Jehu...incredible.

UOA...incredible...

Born Against...GAAAAH!