Tips on removing zits/pimples

STC

What do energy drinks do?

Im not sure, but in the morning, if I have had 2 or 3 red bulls the night before I wake up with my pores all open and my skin all dry, and super pale. This happens to a lot of my friends aswell, only with slightly different affects.

However, i've found that if I drink coffee with a lot of creamer in it before I take a shower in the morning my face feels really nice and soft and has a soild even colour.

Maybe I am crazy.:confused:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keagan, it's too much sugar and not enough water. Energy drinks like Red Bull are all sugar, coffee with creamer does not have much sugar in it. It's not the caffeine, it's the sugar.

A lot of the techniques and products here mentioned are extremely drying in a way that will make your skin dry and peely, and I've had peeling so bad from sulfur masks that I've bled. I mean, accutane's been amazing for me. It makes you dry a bit, but you essentially dont need to do anything. Wash your face when you wake up, put on moisiturizer and chapstick, and wash at night and you're set. It's really been a miracle for me. Fuck proactive, fuck Diddy.

Sulfur regulates oil producing glands aswell. If you are using sulfur correctly it should work. The sufficient amount can vary from 6% to 10%. If you are getting dry bleed use less but be consistant.

Mis- Any food containing MSG is harmful to every organ in the body. Mind you your skin is the largest organ the body has.

Go for run in the boiling heat, do something that will make you sweat like crazy. Once you sweat out all the bacteria in your clogged pores and shit, go scrub your face with organic herbal soap like, goats milk, oatmeal, everything works. Then oxy it up and get a good nights sleep, when you wake up it will be dry as fuck. Then just flake it off.

All I know is that Keagan might be right about shaving, especially if you're using an electric razor. Shaving (again, especially with an electric razor) often opens up many miniscule cuts in the skin that become infected easily.

I've found that I need to shave every second day (not electric though) otherwise I start to get some pimples... not many, but one or two minor ones, which is still annoying.

Drinking enough water is also important, as trivial as it sounds. Many people, imo (and from personal experience), don't drink enough water... coke, root beer, beer, etc. don't count.

Go for run in the boiling heat, do something that will make you sweat like crazy. Once you sweat out all the bacteria in your clogged pores and shit, go scrub your face with organic herbal soap like, goats milk, oatmeal, everything works. Then oxy it up and get a good nights sleep, when you wake up it will be dry as fuck. Then just flake it off.

Never scrub your face. Always pat dry. Scrubbing irritates it and could spread possible bacteria.

^yeah they're still around. BP is used more though. If you havn't used BP before, it works wonders removing pimples. Though it does more damage long term imo. I've been on a BP regime for a long time now and my face is fucked more than ever. I've got red marks/scars everywhere and continue developing cyst acne though not too extreme. Anyone who hasn't been using topical drugs for long i suggest you to stop. The best is let time do its job and just use plain water to wash your face. If you really need to i guess a gentle soap/cleanser can be used. Even oil free/non pore clogging moisturiser will break me out. Accutane is probably my last option, though i have a feeling it will stop working after i stop taking it.

The people i know who have perfect face skin are the people who didn't give a fuck about acne when they had it and just used water or soap to wash their face.

You need to be on a six month course. The drug has been a miracle for me, no joke. I've been through atleast 12 topical meds, and they've made my face scarred. Get on Accutane before you start scarring, really, it's worth the six months of semidryness.

Well, this is a grey area. I've been taken the medication for about 3 months, and no change in anything bodily, except drier skin and lips. Actually, my self esteem is increased and I'm happier as a result of the drug.

People have pinned the suicide of their kids or whatever on the drug, only because they can use it as a legal scapegoat, and because La Roche has had to deal with thousands of cases of the same, what are their chances? I don't think the drug does anything to your mind and I don't think there will be any scientific proof it does in the future.

• 3 weeks later...

i think the whole shaving this is backwards for me when i dont shave i break out, and my face feels super oily. i think what helps me is not to touch my face with my hands or at less wash it before i touch my face.

Lots of water and sleep is the key for me

If you have comedones (whiteheads) you might what to give retin-a-micro a try, worked well for me. Cortisone shots also work quite effectively if you have cysts. I don't have first hand experience with them though so i think the best advice would be to talk to your dermatologist.

• 6 months later...