• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

acne is so depressing.

Chocolate doesn't make you break out.

do all of this;

Stop drinking energy drinks.

Shave only when you need to. (once or twice a week max)

Go to a tanning salon, like once a week intill your skin clears for 6 or 7 minutes.

Wash your face with witch hazel at night.

Find yourself a fragrance free facal bar for the shower. I used to use a oatmeal based soap now I use this stuff called basic, because the oatmeal soap started making my face shine for some reason...

Find yourself a fragrance free moisturizer oatmeal based moisturizer, use it after washing your face, at night.

Make sure you wash your hands really good before applying a moisturizer.

I try to do all of the above and I haven't had a serious, day ruining blemish in a few years.

acne is so depressing.

Chocolate doesn't make you break out.

do all of this;

Stop drinking energy drinks.

Shave only when you need to. (once or twice a week max)

Go to a tanning salon, like once a week intill your skin clears for 6 or 7 minutes.

Wash your face with witch hazel at night.

Find yourself a fragrance free facal bar for the shower. I used to use a oatmeal based soap now I use this stuff called basic, because the oatmeal soap started making my face shine for some reason...

Find yourself a fragrance free moisturizer oatmeal based moisturizer, use it after washing your face, at night.

Make sure you wash your hands really good before applying a moisturizer.

I try to do all of the above and I haven't had a serious, day ruining blemish in a few years.

all sound good except for the fact that iirc diet doesn't effect acne. or atleast that's what the pamphlet i got from my doctor said O.o anywhom, I'm on Benzoclin right now and it's doing an ok job but my doctor said to do before bed and I think im gonna start doing morning/night. Also need to get out in the sun more :P

i heard tooth paste works to dry 'em out.

if it's bacterial go to a doctor... and then there are scripts for acne.

if yer a chick get on the pill.

What if a dude used the pill?

Will breasts be a possible result?

Dont use toothpaste, it will irritate it and spread it.

I regret ever using topical medications, I feel my acne wouldn't be half as bad if I hadn't touched them.

Now I'm accutane, and I'm about 3 months into a 6 month course, and the results are fantastic. Hopefully I'll be clear by early summer.

^^^^

sweeet

for real, don't feed this poor guy wives' tales

way back, i used to have issues with this, but my uncle who's an md set me straight

the overwhelming cause is hormones, not diet or hygiene, and the name of the game is prevention

once they appear, you've already lost the battle pretty much (altho there is stuff you can use overnight to help dry them up)

start by washing with cetaphil - the regular bar, not the anitbacterial shit - and then using a mild otc treatment overnight everywhere on your face you've ever had problems - not just where they're visible (i guess you could sub proactive here too)

if that doesn't work, see a doc for antibiotics and stronger treatments

and if that doesn't work, the nuclear option is accutane

two of my cousins (the aforementioned doctor's sons) used it for brief periods and have zero problems now

you're basically talking about taking 3-6 months off from your normal life - no drinking, limited exercise, avoiding sun, drinking tons of water and still being at least mildly dehydrated all the time - but for them it was well worth it

just putting it out there

i suppose someone should point out the inherent comedy of a bunch of hardass internet dudes swapping beauty tips like this is ivillage or some shit

but as someone said, this stuff is important

Dont use toothpaste, it will irritate it and spread it.

I regret ever using topical medications, I feel my acne wouldn't be half as bad if I hadn't touched them.

Now I'm accutane, and I'm about 3 months into a 6 month course, and the results are fantastic. Hopefully I'll be clear by early summer.

from my experience this is absolutely true. i used all sorts of topical meds, prescription or otherwise, for years and years with no improvement. Just finished a 6 month accutane course, and have been almost totally clear since then.

my understanding is such: acne is caused by bacteria that grow in pores clogged by oil and dirt/etc. washing your face morning and night with gentle soap gets rid of the dirt issue. accutane causes your oil producing glands to shrink permanently, which takes care of the excessive oil production. this is all you need to get rid of acne- most of the recommended treatments (acids, facials, etc etc) are just going to irritate your skin, which will result in more acne. when your face feels dry, use an oil free moisturizer to keep your shit balanced, and youre set

My skin breaks out whenever I eat fried food (especially when i eat out). I assume that happens b/c a lot of restaurants use shitty ass old oil and I'm somehow sensitive to that. When I use oil to cook food, nothing happens to my skin.

I got a burger last night with my friends last night. Before goign to the restaurant, my skin was perfectly clear. When I walked out and looked myself in a mirror, i had 3 pimples. WTF.

My skin breaks out whenever I eat fried food (especially when i eat out). I assume that happens b/c a lot of restaurants use shitty ass old oil and I'm somehow sensitive to that. When I use oil to cook food, nothing happens to my skin.

I got a burger last night with my friends last night. Before goign to the restaurant, my skin was perfectly clear. When I walked out and looked myself in a mirror, i had 3 pimples. WTF.

I know exactly what you mean. I have found that it is all a matter of how long I take to wash my face after a fried meal. When I am done eating I stop by the bathroom and wash my hands and face. I try to avoid fried things for this reason.

Also go see a dermatologist and get a some sort of prescription face wash, something like plexion or sulfira.

DONT pop ur pimples. when i was younger i used 2 do that and now i have a few scars that i cant seem to get rid of

what u should do is try and cut down on sugar, use oil free skin products, wash ur face right before u go 2 bed every nite 2 get the oil off ur face, and get some anti-acne skin cream.

if u want it to go down some and ur in a pinch, ice it and itll go down

baking soda and water in a bowl until you get a paste consistancy rub on clean face leave for 10-15 minutes it might tingle a little but dont be alarmed go on sufu post some threads wash off add oil free moisturizer. you can do this 2 to 3 times a week will get rid of pimple and fade any red or black spots left by old pimples. you can also take fresh lemon juice and put that on pimple or spots to shrink pimple and fade spots. Im all about natural skin care.

What do energy drinks do?

They're crammed full of sugar which is terrible for your skin.

Also, to whoever wanted to do Benzaclin day and night please read the tube. No harsh light or direct sunlight, it messes everything up and makes your skin worse.

All pharmacuticals come from plants. Go for the root. Avoid the drugs.

There are many good plants/essential oils that can treat acne well and then there is sulfur.

But you cant just buy it at the store. You have to purchase 99% powder then mix 10 percent in petroleum jelly.

When I ordered proactiv it came with a small tube of sulfur cream. But it was meant only as an aid to the 3 step treatment. They have a solid sustainable money making product that way.