The Perfect White T-shirt:

emaze

eh...i shower 3-4 times a day but i have no problems wearing the same shirt for weeks on end...not everyday, but ill wear something on off to death before thinking about washing

when it comes to clothes i like Lapo Elkann's philosophy on shoes: the thought of brand new spanking clothing disgusts me.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to love the jockey shirts years ago. They were the perfect fit lengthwise and in the chest. they were extremely slim but not tight slim. I have never found another shirt that fit like. I still wear those few Tees and get complements on the fit. But a few years ago they changed the fit to a more "roomier fit" and completely ruined it for me. I wonder if the 'trim fit" is the same fit as the old one before the change...

I have tried the puma shirts a few years ago and it stretched out too much. Hmm maybe they have changed, I will give them try again. Always see them at bloomies and stuff. I wonder if they will let me try it on.

They're (Jockey) good, but I just ordered another pack last week & after the wash & shrink, they were a bit roomier. It's weird because if you order them from online, you get the ones that are Made In the USA, but I had bought a pack at a Jockey store & they were made in Jamaica. I like the fit on the Jamaica ones better. They are a little shorter, but better fitting.

But I like the feel of their cotton better. It's soft, but no like a blend or combed cotton. I find the Hanes & other brands just feel rough and starcy.

White T update:

I just tried out some fruit of the loom factory seconds going for 1.99 a pop at the Gem Store around my way. I got a medium and a large. medium fits fairly well. Good length, but a tad wide. The "V" isnt deep enough for my liking, it's kind of wide and shallow. The large seems like it could be good after a wash, or on days I feel like a less "slim" overall look. The quality of the material is OK. It comes with that starched feel/smell, which is nice, and the fabric has more body than AA or Uniqlo.

Overall rating:

Quality: 6.5/10

Look: 7/10

Value: 7.5/10

Fo a total of 7/10.

I would probably purchase more if the neck was more to my liking. Still good for banging around the hood doing laundry and whatnot.

deodorants without anti-perspirant.

also, the aluminum in anti-perspirant can cause skin cancer.

Urban myth for the most part. None of the studies done to this date have proven this to be true.

They're speculating that it can cause Alzheimer's, but that has not been proven either.

I work at a silk screening place, so I get the whole spectrum of low-to-mid range base white tee's.

Gildan Ultra Cotton is what I see most, and it's... ok. For the price. Good weight, but the cuts tend to be lacking in the shoulders (you might notice some bunching in the area) and the cuts tend to be too long. Still, wholesale <$2 a shirt isn't bad.

Port & Company 100% cotton is nicer, but it still isn't as soft as I'd like.

Now a 50/50 Glidan blend is a nice white shirt, if just barely too trasparent for my liking. Their gray is probably the best for the money.

AA is nice and soft, but a bit long, and while no one really complains about their wrong sizing, I'll go ahead and say they could move their primary audience away from Greenpoint, Brooklyn and better accommodate a larger market in their cuts, if only slightly. I say this with 25+ blank AA tee's of various size in my closet,

I always thought Jerzees HEAVYWEIGHT was a real splendid kind of fit, and the shirts age pretty well.

I once saw a wholesale box of UNIQLO black/white crew tee's and screened them all. I really regret not taking a few, I have a couple of their white moisture-releasing tee's, but they're too transparant; the black are much nicer, and flattering as they tend to hug the lower gut tight. I always forget to pick up crew tee's at the SoHo store; between the UT stuff and the sales, distraction is easy.

http://store.americanapparel.net/bb301.html

These appear to be cut the same as the tri-blend t-shirt that I have (pic) but finally, in different colors. I'm going to pick up a white one once I have a few spare dollars.

the women's aa tees are cut very short... have to size up to a large probably. might be worth a try for $16 though. thanks :)

the women's aa tees are cut very short... have to size up to a large probably. might be worth a try for $16 though. thanks :)

Yeah, my tri-blend one is pretty short, although a nice length for me. It is an XL and about 24.5" long.

Yeah, my tri-blend one is pretty short, although a nice length for me. It is an XL and about 24.5" long.

is that the track shirt? i have a men's track shirt and it's very long (i'm also 5'6 so that might be why...). it doesn't have the same collar as yours though. nice fabric though and it never loses it's shape

Yup; it's this one: http://store.americanapparel.net/tr301.html although I dyed mine black and ended up with this darker grey color.

Some of the fabrics in there won't dye will they? I'm probably wrong.

Does the girl's version have a different neckhole or something? OR WHAT?

also

You work at blackbird right?

Do you know if you guy's have that B.Son tee that Sidney has? The fit is exactly what I want for a white tee and it looks thick enough to hide my nipples.

Some of the fabrics in there won't dye will they? I'm probably wrong.

Does the girl's version have a different neckhole or something? OR WHAT?

also

You work at blackbird right?

Do you know if you guy's have that B.Son tee that Sidney has? The fit is exactly what I want for a white tee and it looks thick enough to hide my nipples.

The womens version has a much wider neck.

For some stupid reason we don't have those B.Son u-necks. I want to see if we're able to get them in, though.

The perfect white T-shirt for me is actually the one I've had the longest. I like it best when it's washed to death and has this soft and thin feel to it... unfortunately, the collar and seams often break before a T-shirt reaches that state. I've had some by polo from over 10 years ago and they are still holding up...

That's what it is? What deodorant doesnt use alumnium?

get the addidas obsorbo deoderant it is a anti perspirant that is alumnium free

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=304733&navAction=jump&navCount=1&id=prod2317395#

such as this

it doesnt' stain your shirts...

i used to not wear certain t shirts if i knew i was going to stain them

but i can wear any shirt with this and never get stains

try it

H&M does some pretty cool V-Neck. Be sure you take the one from the Divided collection (they have the blue tag attached). Unfortunately they have changed the design of the t-shirt this year. Last summer models were simply hawesome, they were a very good copy of designer type v-neck, the only problem they had was with the fit. It was recommanded to try them on before buying since the quality of manufacturing was not that great and all t-shirt would not fit/shape the same way.

For 4.99$ I don't think you can expect more from a t-shirt :D

I have a Kirkland Signature white t-shirt that fits perfectly. It feels great, as well. It's been through 2 years of washes, and still fits and feels new.

The catch? I had to size down from an XL to a M... It's not tight at all.

Edit: post count is 501... I may never post again just so that I can keep this number. Edit2: Ruined it :(