The Perfect White T-shirt:

emaze

god dammit, every time omc posts about the new ill shit at uniqlo i die a little inside

im going to fucking rape that store in a month

keep your fingers crossed that you go in on a good day- it is hit or miss, people

rape that store on the regular.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

since i dont treat my white ts nicely i always buy the cheap ones so right now i am doing stafford ones from jc penny or merona ones from target. merona ones are pretty good for the price, like 3 for 8 bucks they are slim and kinda long. but if i ever start caring about em i might deside to drop more than $4 a shirt.

stafford fits perfect for me. Not too long, and not woo wide. The thin ones are perfect for summer. And they're like $15 for 3 at jc penny. Afer one wash they fit me even better. I usually buy them in large. h&m tees fit perfect but after one wash they shrink like crazy.

i've been buying stafford tees for like 7 years already.

H&M white tees arent very good imo

AA is okay but a little thin for anything other than summer, and also anyone else think they're a little to sheer? for less than retail ie wholesale, i wouldnt mind alot of these.

i like AAA, tho the cotton isnt the softest and they could fit a tad better

i love white gap v necks. always on sale. long enough after a wash and dry. and if you wear for multiple days without washing like i often end up doing they sort of seem to stretch out and drape very nicely, sort of like all yall's jeans

Gap makes nice white tees, i regret not picking up some when i had the chance...i need some white tees

i think the key to making the perfect white tee is having one that is cut just so, combined with the fabric weave, so that it doesn't look like an undershirt or something you'd wear to sleep. Hard to explain, but what i'm getting at is my ideal white tee is one that i'd have no problems wearing as a standalone piece rather than something that could be conceived as a companion piece, like underwear. It's very hard to find one like that...even a black t-shirt could get away with it, because its not the standard color one associates with an undershirt.

Yohji Yamamoto white tees from the Pour Homme label get it right i think, but with the kind of prices set for them i'd only really buy them in Japan.

I'm going to say James Perse. I really like how they wear.

Other good brands would be Splendid Mills like the poster above me said and Velvet for Men. If you hit scoopnyc.com right or outlets you can find these for under $20.

For the top end, I really love 45rpms gauze stuff. I have 2 shirts and over time they become magic, plus the irregularity looks pretty fashionable... and not like an avg white tee.

Confirmed...Uniqlo does have tees in many colors and two neck styles (from crew to v-neck)...I was in there like a week ago and copped a white crew...size medium...fits perfectly, not too thin and see-thru like the Kmart Hanes joints (which I wear as well, usually as undershirts)...but not too heavy so you'd regret putting it on in Summer, Perfect white-tee...way cheaper than AA ($4.40...or something like that...and the quality is what you need for a standard white tee that costs a few dollars, compared to AA's which are way overpriced for the quality IMO). THe packaging is even cool, it's like a tee fresh out of a ziploc.

For me, the Hanes Beefy T is the finest. I discovered them over 20 years ago and the build quality is fantastic but there are only a few retailers stocking them in London.

Uniqlo do three packs but the teeshirts are almost sheer and the fabric is thin, more like a vest in terms of fabric weight.

Marks and Spencer also do three packs and the cotton is beautiful and although they lack the body of the Beefy T they're much heavier than the Uniqlo versions.

I've always liked Jockey, but especially since I'm skinny & lanky, I've really liked their Trim-Fit T's Perfect except the arm openings are still big.

But I got a couple Puma Apparell V-necks from Marshalls the other day that fit perfectly. Really trim and tailored not just in the waist, but also the arm openings. Perfect for a scrawny but tall person.

I've always liked Jockey, but especially since I'm skinny & lanky, I've really liked their Trim-Fit T's Perfect except the arm openings are still big.

But I got a couple Puma Apparell V-necks from Marshalls the other day that fit perfectly. Really trim and tailored not just in the waist, but also the arm openings. Perfect for a scrawny but tall person.

I used to love the jockey shirts years ago. They were the perfect fit lengthwise and in the chest. they were extremely slim but not tight slim. I have never found another shirt that fit like. I still wear those few Tees and get complements on the fit. But a few years ago they changed the fit to a more "roomier fit" and completely ruined it for me. I wonder if the 'trim fit" is the same fit as the old one before the change...

I have tried the puma shirts a few years ago and it stretched out too much. Hmm maybe they have changed, I will give them try again. Always see them at bloomies and stuff. I wonder if they will let me try it on.

Gap makes nice white tees, i regret not picking up some when i had the chance...i need some white tees

I completely agree, good price, nice fit, good material.

No matter how comfortable the material, or how good the cut, I could never really justify spending over like, $15 on a single plain white t-shirt.

Banana Republic's plain and simple white tees are the best tshirts i've ever worn. They're comfortable, shrink very little, and last forever. I was skeptical about moving away from Hanes or FTL for white tees and paying $15 a pop for the BR shirt, but it's a move I'm so happy to have made. Head and shoulders above aa quality, too.

does anyone wear those 3 pack t shirts that you can get at the mall or at marshalls? brands include calvin klein, dkny, jockey, 2xist.. etc

If you wear them, HOW THE HELL DO YOU MAKE IT LOOK NORMAL!?!? Whenever I try those on they're so thin and transparent I feel like a complete pervert wearing them. I have seen people on the waywt forum make them look good, but maybe its just the photo.