The Perfect White T-shirt:

emaze

any suggestions...? I always found American Apparel shirts were too long on me. I always like the cheap kmart hanes white tees. Size mediem, then washed once for shrinkage. Please share your thoughts: fit, price, brand, comparison etc....

(American Apparel, Gap, Jcrew, Bannana Republic, Hanes, Fruit of the Loom, etc)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah tried searching it... didn't find it. I swear! been here long enough to search shit out. so dis-regard thread

thanks for the backing miz.... I'm getting pissed off at the search button lately...

edit: if anyone has the org. thread posting link?

I like this question too.

As a matter of fact, I made a very similar post about white button ups just the other day.

The difference was.... IT WAS IN SUPERSHOPPER! where threads like this should be.

But anyway, since it's here:

I prefer different shirts for different occasions.

I like the Kmart Hanes ones too. I but Large or XL, and after a wash they are good, a nice, slightly-wide-not-quite-oversized fit. They go well with Rescues or NS.

I like AA shirts these days. The V's are a nice depth, they fit slim, and they are long, which is good for me. One draw back is that the sleeves are really slender, and my arms are pretty fucking scrawny. It works, but I would prefer a bit more width.

If Uniqlo made plain whites, I would be a happy man, as both their Crews Size M, and V's Size L fit me perfectly in the body and arms, and they are of better quality than AA, but still soft and buttery. But they don't. Fuck that.

CK's are nice, but they shrink length wise like crazy in the wash, so i no longer buy them, as I can't be fucked to hang dry all my tees.

I'm a small in AA but would prefer something shorter but with arms as tight, any suggestions? I'd prefer ordering online and paying a ridiculously low price like AA.

If Uniqlo made plain whites, I would be a happy man, as both their Crews Size M, and V's Size L fit me perfectly in the body and arms, and they are of better quality than AA, but still soft and buttery. But they don't. Fuck that.

uniqlo doesn't have plain white t-shirts anymore? i got a white crew neck back in december from uniqlo in new york. maybe they just sell out fast because EVERYONE wants on (and who could blame them).

I'm a small in AA but would prefer something shorter but with arms as tight, any suggestions? I'd prefer ordering online and paying a ridiculously low price like AA.

alternative apparel's standard tees are a bit shorter than american apparel's.

online ordering might be tricky, but you could pretend to be a business and start ordering wholesale from them...

Fo Rilla Scrilla Gorilla?

Porque no puedo Verlos?

magilla killa mcgillicutty:

i went maybe two weeks ago and they didn't have sheeeeeit where all the blank tees are, nothing but XLs in random colors and whatnot.

i went last sunday, and they'd restocked everything- full size run, everything from white to baby-brain pink, crew necks, v-necks, tanks, henley-neck, and some new moisture-wicking tank-top thingie.

Not that I would ever buy these, but if you got cash to burn:

Giorgio Armani - Cotton crewneck tee, no logos, tags, nothing. Comes in white or black, $350 a pop. I bet those smooth black tees George Clooney is always wearing are these.

Prada - Apparently part of some marketing campaign where 'basics and simplicity is the new luxury.' Pack of 3 for $100.

Looks like Undercover and Number (N)ine have decided to enter the plain white tee market as well...

btw, about uniqlo t's, they have two types. the regular-regular kind which is pretty cheap and the "dry-tech" kind which supposedly draws moisture from your body and disperses into the air. the dry-tech t's fit very well. they are made out of a little thicker fabric and has a better sheen. the regular-regulars, not so much. they are a little bit long for my liking. the dry-techs cost a little more but i think they are worth it....

We will be stocking what we call the perfect white t-shirt. It is 100% bamboo and has a straight hem. I haven't posted any pictures because I wanted to wait until we have the stock. It will be around $25 or so. It fits like a glove...

I will post in the next couple of days and our online store should be stocked and ready to go next week.

it depends on how you like your white shirts.

if you like them a little loose, i recommend the kirkland x hanes collabos that you can get at costco.

right now, im into the AAA shirts. perfect fit.

if you like them tight/short, well im not sure. havent got there yet.

agnès b. they're about €35 each, you can get them online. Easily the nicest I've worn.

Prada are bullshit. The material is lovely, it's an almost arctic white mercerised cotton that has a sheen, but the fit is ridiculous. They're way too short (at least 3") and really wide in the body, so a men's S is the right width, but ends just below your belly-button, and an M still isn't long enough, and flaps around your back if you're slim. They're extremely light too, the agnès b is much heavier.