These emo girls at my school...

euphor

Uuuuuh. Time to clear this misconception up. The first actual emo band was fugazi. Plain and simple, noone can argue this shit in anyway whatsoever. The term "emo" was coined by Ian Mackaye during the minor threat years in an interview for some fanzine (whos name i have forgotten) in describing the song minor threat and its lyrics being at odds with the dc scenes (and the entire american hardcore scene in general) views on violence saying something to the affect of "im just a normal guy and i want my music to reflect that . Its more emotive than alot of other bands out there right now. I guess you can call it emo". This was fully personified and embraced by fugazi. Although I'm sure every punk historian is with me when i say that the band that first embodied the moder day conception of emo would be the descendents. Then abit later a little band called fucking JAWBREAKER.

If anyone wants to argue I can dig out my old art history paper and actually cite my sources.

Oh, and conceptually, black flag is pretty emo too. Well kindof.

exactly what i'm getting at, but regardless, music is an emotional endeavor. black flag were sorry to say, emo "depression" "nervous breakdown" "jealous again" "room 13" its all there, they just had a general FUCK YOU attitude that made them less conspicuously "emo"

jawbreaker were fucking sweet, no if and or buts. i liked jets to brazils first two albums, but the last one was just shit, and blake knew it. i met him once at a college lecture i went to with my brother on late 80's shoegazer and early 90's indie music and how it has influenced the promotion and dissemenation of independent music these days. cool dude, really smart, sounds completely different in person.

ill post it later when i find it again, but theres an amazing thesis paper written all about MBV and how important they are musically. its about 75 pages or so, but its really interesting actually.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBV is fucking amazing, in fact, fuck this shit, lets all listen to them.

HIJACK IN FULL EFFECT!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

http://getoffmyplaneagain.ytmnd.com/

http://imagefap.com/usergallery.php?userid=119176

a good 75% of the girls in the guys "gallerys" are underageeeeeeeeee.

is this not horribly illegal?

i knew i would find girls i've known on this page once i saw so i investigated sure enough.

hahaha

and a couple of peoples exs

AirJamie

i can argue... Fugazi are not the first emo band

Revolution summer... is the beginning of emo...it was called emo at the time if i remember correctly...Dag Nasty and Rites of Spring...at this time Ian Mackaye was in Embrace therefore... Fugazi cannot be the first emo band..

and whoever said the pixies were contemporary needs a calender...a lot happened in those few years....

AirJamie

i can argue... Fugazi are not the first emo band

Revolution summer... is the beginning of emo...it was called emo at the time if i remember correctly...Dag Nasty and Rites of Spring...at this time Ian Mackaye was in Embrace therefore... Fugazi cannot be the first emo band..

and whoever said the pixies were contemporary needs a calender...a lot happened in those few years....

you are right

Guest jmatsu

this shit is getting out of hand.

here:

whattheheckisemo.com

if this is inactive i am sure a search will pull it up. the definitive guide to emo.

i just misunderstood what fashioncore meant

i just imagined pretty girls clad in fine clothes by labels like MMM, Ann D, Marni, JW, and Dries.

What happened to the pics of hot emo girls? It's like everyone forgot about this, corny white girls, fobby, and tits/rack threads in favor of talking about e-beef. :(