Anyone make their own clothes?

fg0d

^^i want tg onesie

Made these last week, saw the MMM jeans Chris was selling want wanted something similar.

(Please note that I've adjusted the contrast to better show the details on the jeans, I am a very white person, but not that white)

1- Distressed thigh Jean - 100% Cotton Bull Denim

Fit Pics:

Shreddedpantfit.jpg

These turned out rather tight in the crotch (has stretched out comfortably now) The fabric choice wasn't the best as you can see, the bull denim is very stiff and stacks awkwardly. Hopefully this will soften in with time as well.

2- Shredded Rick style shorts - 100% Cotton Bull Denim

Fit Pics:

Shreddedshortfit.jpg

Had fabric left over from the first pair and wanted to improve the fit, so I made changes to the rise and hips and got a much more comfortable fit. Might crop these a bit shorter however.

Also both pairs are missing jean buttons and button holes at the moment, they will be added shortly (I don't have a press and keyhole machine at home)

Julius style pics:

shortscement.jpg

Interior Short pics:

shortsinterior.jpg

Nah depends, with the jeans that get talked about in superdenim, its something that's characteristic to unsanforized denim.

But the Levis engineered for example are obviously all the pattern, but for example the Poell twisted trousers are done during construction by sewing in a lining in a certain way if I'm not mistaken.

You can also achieve certain twist effects by pulling threads, with thread tension or even using elastic thread.

But in general it's cut into the pattern already.

And I said "but" a little too often in this post.

BUT!

if you and to avoid the rippled zipper make your zipper ( depending on the length of the seam) about a half inch short then the seam you are sewing it to. then as sewing ease in the excess little by little and it wont stretch and ripple. hope that make sense but nice garment would love a fit pic!

if you and to avoid the rippled zipper make your zipper ( depending on the length of the seam) about a half inch short then the seam you are sewing it to. then as sewing ease in the excess little by little and it wont stretch and ripple. hope that make sense but nice garment would love a fit pic!

That sounds like a really good tip, I was trying to figure out how to cure that problem and thought maybe I would attach another piece of fabric along the zipper but that probably would've gotten me nowhere. Thanks and repped!

deepends on the base colour of the die and what fabric it is.. cottons died a warm black go orange cause the die had an orangey red base... do a test spot somewhere inconspicuous n see

and some dies are bleach resistant so they would have bben died two colors then bleached back to show the blue... like a magic crayon drawing. can do it with printing too but the stuffs toxic as

I thought many a black dye had bluish bases?

Lots of blacks go blue/purple and hair dye is a perfect example.

Blue makes the black look "more black." This is probably synthetic, no?

You are the oracle, please wisdom-ify. (?)

Fabulaz Fabulaz Fabulaz Fabulaz Fabulaz Fabulaz Fabulaz Fabulaz Fabulaz Fabulaz Fabulaz

quote:

originally posted by dhalfnight view post

That sounds like a really good tip, I was trying to figure out how to cure that problem and thought maybe I would attach another piece of fabric along the zipper but that probably would've gotten me nowhere. Thanks

and repped!

you are actually not that far off you can put a non stretch ribbon where you are going to sew your zipper i use grosgrain or tailors tape then put your zip on. but it can give thickness so i try and avoid it

it was mostly in reference to an article in the 2nd to most recent Art in America where what's her name (in conversation with Cory Archangel) talks about the Melevich piece being "un-photographable" due to the subtle tones in white. Obv moma found a way to do it or create it for reproduction. either way, white power