Anyone make their own clothes?

fg0d

Another option I recommend is to ballpark the pattern with a cheap fabric (if what you're going to be using is more costlier) and pin/whipstich it together, make alterations, then use that as your pattern for the end garment.

yeah this is good option if you really have cheap fabrics on hand but i think pattern paper is better.

if your close somewhere to some japanese bookstore look for pattern magic, it's for women. technical but pretty fun stuff.

they have men's pattern too

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Pretty-Japanese-Beads-Books_MENS-Clothes-Patterns_W0QQcolZ4QQdirZQ2d1QQfsubZ18789434QQftidZ2QQtZkm

i think i will copy fabulaz and make my own slim sweats

Here are some items I made over the summer here in Oz (Australia)

ready for winter

Hooded Coat

100% Cotton Drill

Hooded, Slightly A-Line, Front Pockets, 'Trench' style vent on the back

2bof1j.jpg

a449c.jpg

Sleeveless Tee

100% Viscose Jersey

Simple pleat on the front, Twisted side seam

725ev9.jpg

noujdk.jpg

Sleeveless Tee with attached scarf/cape/hood

100% Cotton Jersey and Pique

Can be worn multiple ways

nmgbog.jpg

xq04uv.jpg

214tro8.jpg

I have a shity camera so please excuse the bad quality photos

i really wanna start making my own clothes now after looking at this

Thanks.

Yeah that's what I thought. The teacher gave me a C (fucking ridiculous when you know that I did everything else perfectly), for cutting the fabrics wrongly. She told me that I had cut some fabrics not 'along it's direction'. I did fuck up a few by cutting it bias.

Is it possible to determine what grain is the cross and what the length? In let's say, a plain white poplin?

• 2 weeks later...

Any ideas how they went about to make these? (might be wrong thread to post in, but I don't know whereelse)

12290.jpg

I'm thinking white jeans, died orange and then tie-died black.

Maybe black pants, bleached and then died orange. Not sure which is the best way to go.

Also, I tried bleaching my black pants to become a little more grayish, and they turned out almost white, I want the "worn black jeans" look, but I want it fast.

I did a bunch of bleaching work in my textile design class,

the problem is pretty much every fabric is going to react differently, some blacks will go grey or white, some orange or red.

Looks like that effect was done by simply splattering/blotting the jeans with bleach/water mix.

Books are going to tell you to never mix water and bleach 50/50 but if you want massive colour loss, try like 70/30 and you'll see results within minutes

do all bleaching in a well ventilated area, i take no responsibility for anything I've said here, make sure you don't mix bleach with vinegar or any acid or you might kill yourself.

Posted · Hidden by ledger, December 22, 2011 - No reason given
Hidden by ledger, December 22, 2011 - No reason given

Just finished making and shooting this for a project ,brief was to use old denim and invent into a new garment.

Overdyed denim with silicon coated j-sleeves and asymetric zip+silicon coated zip panel.

cant really see on these two pics but its got 2 front seams that meet at the bottom of the zip coming down from the sholder seams.

and 3 back seams 2 with frayed edges and a central seam.

all the edgges are unfinished and some cool accidental fraying at the bottom.

IMG_8100.jpg

IMG_8093.jpg

*edit .some details

IMG_8179.jpg

IMG_8152.jpg

IMG_8151.jpg

IMG_8150.jpg

wow, that is some serious work u got there ledger!

Qom: i tried bleaching my black overdyed jeans before for less than a min and i rmbr it being light reddish almost pink. maybe u should work on overdyed denim? i used Dylon bleach!

ledger, thats some nice stuff

did you dilute the silicone?

or you just spread/layered it on?

the approach i've taken to coating fabric w/silicone is just applying it evenly, working it onto it with my fingers...it works well, though sometimes certain areas can end up too thick

no the only times ive done it ive not diluted it, and yes you're right, you do miss spots the first time around..

I just figure it'd be better to dilute to achieve a more paint like consistency, that way you can brush it on more evenly..i find that when it's thick, its hard to get an even coat.

Ohh well, I'll try diluting it with turpentine...see how it reacts to that solvent.