boat shoes discussion

hakim

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fuckin sperrys man

I was tying those shits and then the shoelace just tore in half, I doubt it was from wear cos I only had em for a few months

first it was the right foot and then like a couple days later the same happened to the left

gay

think I'll try some sebagos or common projects

Now that boat shoes are out of season, what are you guys gonna wear?

I was thiking of getting some LLBean mocs and maybe some quoddy penny loafers, i was thinking about some redwings but theyre a bit too utalitarian/bluecollar for me and they might look a bit out of place on a highschool kid.

Also might cop some desert boots or some CP court shoes

What's your guys' fall shoe?

I was thiking of getting some LLBean mocs and maybe some quoddy penny loafers, i was thinking about some redwings but theyre a bit too utalitarian/bluecollar for me and they might look a bit out of place on a highschool kid.

The Gentleman Traveler series isn't blue collar at all:

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p153_RED-WING-BOOTS---1914-D-BLACK-CHROMEXCEL.html

My 'winter' shoes are chelsea boots or Red Wings, but then, 'winter' is relative thanks to LA weather. I can still wear boat shoes in December.

The Gentleman Traveler series isn't blue collar at all:

http://www.cultizm.com/product_info.php?info=p153_RED-WING-BOOTS---1914-D-BLACK-CHROMEXCEL.html

My 'winter' shoes are chelsea boots or Red Wings, but then, 'winter' is relative thanks to LA weather. I can still wear boat shoes in December.

Yea its the same in Arizona, but it still feels a bit off to me to wear boat shoes + a jacket

Jesus fuuuuck why do the Rogues Gallery deck boots have to look so good? A pair in green, or in blue? Damn, why aren't the other companies pumping out their own versions instead of constant rehashes of boat shoes?

Yet ironically enough those rogues gallery deck boots are just a rebranded version of the quoddy boots (+ the boat sole)

I wear Bean mocs and desert boots; you really can't go wrong with either one for fall.

I was curious if anyone has ever seen a pair of the Bean Boots / Duck Boots in all / at least partially black? I could always just buy a pair of the beans and paint them black which would work out well enough for me since they're a sub-$100 pair of boots in the first place but if anyone makes one along those lines without me having to do any work that would be easier.

Actually, if they don't, I might just keep them brown and just use my future pair of black trickers as my black pair of winter boots.

Yet ironically enough those rogues gallery deck boots are just a rebranded version of the quoddy boots (+ the boat sole)

I realize this, but I feel that the actual quoddy boots are a rugged functional feel while the Rogues Gallery ones have a more casual wear vibe. Plus, they are more colorful.

The rogues gallery boots and normal deck shoes are really really nice. They're pricey though. I was looking at this boutique's order catalog and even the wholesale price is pricey ($180-220 i think). The blue and black leather on them look like sex. Does quoddy still do them?

I have the Rogues Gallery boots in brown from last fall and they get the most wear out of any pair of shoes/boots I own, far and away. You know how you always look for that pair of shoes that's nice and a little unique, but that you'd still feel comfortable wearing a week at a time? It doesn't look try-hard, but it still looks like might have tried? You can forget that you're wearing them when you have them on, like its your fucked-up, comfy pair of eras or authentics, but then you look down and remember -- 'hey, these boots are kinda nice!'

Just saw these on Rogues Gallery's webstore, moccasin 12 eyelet high boots.

rogues_gallery_boots.jpg

Crazy. $740 too.

I was curious if anyone has ever seen a pair of the Bean Boots / Duck Boots in all / at least partially black?

I can't think of the names but I have seen some on some hunting/outdoor gear websites. I will keep an eye out if I see them again.

• 2 weeks later...

Rhett-

Just saw those Sperry Chukka's in person too...definitely feeling 'em.

Chukkaresized.jpg

Decent pricepoint around $110ish too... There's a velcro style in the same lineup that looks decent:

Velcroresized.jpg

And the Jeffery:

Jeffreyresized2.jpg

Not really feeling the Jeffery myself...but it's a bit more traditional.

the barneys online store has the new boo sperry boots and a pair of loafers online (the boots are under 300 too!)

i gotta save up for the boots :D

just saw them, and planning on it but i'd like to know if they'll be adding the other boo sperry boots also.

might just end up getting ballistic nylon off context:

in debate between leather 3 tone (on barneys) vs. ballistic nylon

$265 vs. $389

just saw them, and planning on it but i'd like to know if they'll be adding the other boo sperry boots also.

might just end up getting ballistic nylon off context:

in debate between leather 3 tone (on barneys) vs. ballistic nylon

$265 vs. $389

you could try calling your local barneys and see if they know if they will carry the ballistics soon and what the price may be.