Favorite Quotes?

"Sometimes you just gottta burn shit down."

-Stokely Carmichael

"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost invariably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And if he is not romantic personally, he is apt to spread discontent among those who are."

-Henry Louise Mencken

• 3 weeks later...

'death is a tragic thing if you haven't lived'

'imagine if you knew someone was married or gay or a jerk just by what you read on their tote bag. You'd stay away--or advance, depending on your preference' -mizrahi

'you can't see in, but i can see out' (on his frosted glass walls)- lagerfeld

"I use to wonder which would be harder...having no one believe in you or someone who believes in you so much that their love can burn you to the ground. Someone who knows you can give so much more than you think you can. Not just love. Ferocity." I can't remember who said or where I even got it from.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing."

So many quotes in this thread are so terrible.

I'm embarassed for you.

^i really like that one, wheres it from? its like i want to say thats the dumbest, most ignorant bullshit ive ever heard, but then it tugs at a little sense of hope and optimism in mankind. or something deep like that nawmean? pretty.

"When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them anyway."

marilyn monroe

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."

its not really the greatest quote its just fun slipping it into a conversation when a corny chick is annoying you with non stop gossip.