Favorite Quotes?

"If there were no God, there would be no Atheists"

That is the most fucking stupid use of logic I have ever heard.

Atheists believe there is no God. Even without "God", the concept of God is possible.

I am sure atheists can contemplate the concept of God and distinguish this concept from an actual God (whom they do not believe to exist).

^^ i see that quote is getting some reasons why/why it isnt logical/ etc. very interesting. anyways

"When choosing between two evils, i always like to try the one ive never tried before"

"It appears that conversation is taking place around me. Interesting. I shall observe and make statements that are exceedingly redundant."

- Hendodo

The people I distrust most are those who want to improve our lives but have only one course of action.

- Frank Herbert

I love quotations because it is a joy to find thoughts one might have, beautifully expressed with much authority by someone recognized wiser than oneself.

- Marlene Dietrich

That is the most fucking stupid use of logic I have ever heard.

Atheists believe there is no God. Even without "God", the concept of God is possible.

I am sure atheists can contemplate the concept of God and distinguish this concept from an actual God (whom they do not believe to exist).

I just re-read the quote and I stand corrected. The quote carries the presupposition that god exists.

my take on it is this . atheists are those who do not believe in the existence of a "God". so the quote is " If there was no God there would not be people who dont believe in the existence of God". Sounds legit. if anyone has another take, dont hesitate to say .

Hendodo: you fail either

a) Reading Comprehension 101.

OR

B) Rudimentary Logic for Special Needs Children.

I just re-read the quote and I stand corrected. The quote carries the presupposition that god exists.

A victory for reason, I'm sure we'll all agree.

A process which led from the amoeba to man appeared to the philosophers to be obviously a progress, though whether the amoeba would agree with this opinion is not known.

Reminds me of one of my favorites, the diss-meister Sir Winston Churchill. Some select disses:

He is a sheep in sheep’s clothing.

A modest man, who has much to be modest about.

He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.

Bessie Braddock: “Sir, you are drunk.”

Churchill: “Yes madam, I am drunk, but in the morning I shall be sober, and you will still be ugly.”

Nancy Astor: “Sir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.”

Churchill: “If I were your husband I would take it.”

"What power would Hell have if those imprisoned there were not bale to dream of Heaven?"

-Neil Gaiman

"And thus I clothe my naked villainy With old odd ends, stol'n forth of holy writ; And seem a saint, when most I play the devil"

-shakespeare

"Too many have dispensed with generosity in order to practice charity"

-Camus

cya

“When you’re younger, you think a little irony is all you need. You think it’ll get you to the grave, but it won’t. Loss always seeps through. You do need to deal with it.â€â€”Douglas Coupland

It was on my fifth birthday that Papa put his hand on my shoulder and said, 'Remember, my son, if you ever need a helping hand, you'll find one at the end of your arm.'

- Sam Levenson

i read audrey said this? or did she just repeat what that guy said..