HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

HC would be so much better if people listened to Straight Ahead and Youth of Today on a regular basis as an inspiration for their "HC" bands.

yea, Champion or any other bands girls would jock (no offense to the ladies of the forum) are a good giveaway of a band sucking. Minus Gorilla Biscuits, but as many have mentioned in the past, they are the Cro Mags of girly hardcore.

HC would be so much better if people listened to Straight Ahead and Youth of Today on a regular basis as an inspiration for their "HC" bands.

yea, Champion or any other bands girls would jock (no offense to the ladies of the forum) are a good giveaway of a band sucking. Minus Gorilla Biscuits, but as many have mentioned in the past, they are the Cro Mags of girly hardcore.

From NYC are we? Haha I never considered the Biscuits part of the girly hardcore table...but I can see the genius of that analogy. Youth of Today is a great inspiration to draw from. No girly-man stuff there.

From NYC are we? Haha I never considered the Biscuits part of the girly hardcore table...but I can see the genius of that analogy. Youth of Today is a great inspiration to draw from. No girly-man stuff there.

what's girly hardcore for you guys?

I'm a big fan of the following bands

-Icemen

-Infest

-Black Flag

-Supertouch

-Descendents.

-Cro-Mags

etc.

Can I still listen to them even if I'm of the female gender ? ;)

they are the Cro Mags of girly hardcore.

hahaha, i can't stand Youth of Today so want to dispute your post but currently can't, maybe i will after i stop laughing at this.

chokehold

great band!

If i was pin-pointing "girly hardcore", the current targets would be Comeback Kid and Set your Goals. Sister Suzie, those are very "Manly Hardcore" choices, Infest are harsh

NYHC sucked.

Boston, Philly, and DC hardcore all were better than the toughguy NYHC shit

What bands do you consider "NYHC Toughguy?" I'm curious like Suzie is to the question of "girly hc."

Not ALL NYHC was on some toughguy shit...but I do think we had more than enough of that going on.

-Icemen

-Infest

-Black Flag

-Supertouch

-Descendents.

-Cro-Mags

etc.

Girly HC is NOT anything you listed...so you're good to go. And yes, you're more allowed to listen to those bands SINCE you are of the female genderation.

Love that stuff, especially the pos/edge stuff as well as the NYHC that erupted from different parts of that region.

-Icemen

-Infest

-Black Flag

-Supertouch

-Descendents.

-Cro-Mags

etc.

We have a male stuck in a femmes body. JK, but that's a pretty solid list and aside from descendents, very manly bands. Anyone with a Carl The Mosher band on their list tends to be somewhat down.

um, i just borrowed this ceremony album from my brother today

its pretty much the raddest thing ive heard in a long time

wow

i agree. ceremony are one of the only hardcore bands today that are doing something new imo. the scared people's ep is awesome too. check that out, or just the song on their myspace.

um, i just borrowed this ceremony album from my brother today

its pretty much the raddest thing ive heard in a long time

wow

I really like Ceremony. Which album did you listen to? Their demo or Violence violence (if my memory is good).

Even though the album is quite good, I really prefer the demo.

come on the descendents were good

Milo goes to college!

some of the violence violence cd's come with the ruined 7 inch demo on the cd, which rounds it out to 20 minutes or so. i like both equally, but some of the new songs on violence violence like living hell and walking home just kill it.

anyone check out the scared people ep?

Ceremony is pretty ill...I can't front...I just checked 'em out after being mentioned in this thread, heard the Scared People E.P...and I was impressed...definitely good to hear recent HC shit that doesn't suck nadricals.

Anyone into LifesBlood? More great NYHC that isn't "NYHC."

I think there's something raw in the Ruined demo that's awesome.

Did you ever see them live?

many chances i could have, but i just really got into them recently. they're from my area though and they're playing a cancer benefit show at the gilman with life long tragedy and some other local acts.

my friend saw them at sound and fury though. holy fuck the videos are amazing of it. they opened up with kersed, and the whole stage was filled.