HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

i agree.

rivalry fest 08 at the gilman's coming up february 29th and march 1st

ceremony, killing the dream, betrayed (reunion), allegiance (last show), verse, the first step, red handed, trash talk, internal affairs, soul control, another breath, etc. just to name most of 'em.

whos goin?

I agree. I can recommend Government Warning and WarKrime. Ceremony is definitely one of the only other hardcore bands of recent day that I like/would recommend. Both Gov. Warning and WarKrime have a sound rooted in old school/first wave hardcore punk...which I like way more than the chanty/metaly shit of the last decade (stuff that focuses on scene unity and being militant with the sXe or whatever).

Def. did not like what I've heard of Trash Talk nor Soul Control...but that's cause I'm really not into that brand of hardcore...and it is kinda bugged coming from NYC...since 99.8% of NYHC has been really all about that type of sound.

Government Warning is awesome. One of the best hardcore bands today.

Soul Control sounds absolutely nothing like trash talk... they are almost a krishna band, and not really tough at all. Gte thier 7" ep or thier split 7 with I Rise, good stuff.

I know they don't sound alike...but they kinda fall into the same category of youth'ier hardcore to me. Trash Talk just does more interesting shit with the vocals and have a stronger metal influence to me. Both, as with most new bands, aren't really my cup for some reason.

killing the dream is kind of lame, anyone want to buy some of their 7"s, i have a few... i mean they are okay for their sound, but im really not too much into the northwest sounding hardcore ala rival(ry) records... verse is good though, the first LP is killer, the 2nd is decent, the 7" is good...

and yeah verse is post what feeds the fire...

isn't there supposed to be a posi #s fest this year? I went to the last one they had inside that big bubble thing, great show...

I can't wait to see converge again. I hope it's in a good venue...but it probably won't be.

I saw trash talk for the second time last week...first time was pretty bad, and then on this tour with bane, they fucking ruuuulleedd. so solid. fast and pissed! I haven't liked a hardcore band's set that much in a long time.

the word i heard was that the Next Uk Converge Tour would be with Integrity and the Red Chord???

I'm happy enough to see Integrity support Converge. It shouldn't be that way, but if it means that we get to essentially do Integ Kareoke with Dwid one more time i'll live with it.

But the Red Chord??? do you guys have to put up with crap like this on the tours you get? Surely there is a band on Deathwish begging to get to europe on a tour like this and we get kiddy metal.

the word i heard was that the Next Uk Converge Tour would be with Integrity and the Red Chord???

I'm happy enough to see Integrity support Converge. It shouldn't be that way, but if it means that we get to essentially do Integ Kareoke with Dwid one more time i'll live with it.

But the Red Chord??? do you guys have to put up with crap like this on the tours you get? Surely there is a band on Deathwish begging to get to europe on a tour like this and we get kiddy metal.

What the hell is 'kiddy' about The Red Chord's music, unless filling your songs with jazz references and crazy technicality is the new drop-C beatdown?

For the record, I saw both bands last year and Converge were probably the biggest disappointment of the whole year. The setlist was poor, the band were lazy, Bannon's vocal chords are completely wrecked and weak and the crowd was full of Kerrang reading morons who have no idea how do behave at a hardcore show. I'd go so far to say that Rise and Fall completely outplayed them that night.

when i hear Red Chord I just hear boring mosh, they may have had something going on previously but they strike me as one of those bands thats got a taste of something big and dumbed down "for the kids", much like Despised Icon.

I've never really cared for crazy technicality, and wouldn't know about jazz references but neither of those things are something i'd be looking for in a mosh metal band.

As for Converge and their crowd, I didn't see them on that tour so I can't really comment but they've always had a pretty laughable following in the Uk due to media interest, and its no suprise Bannon's vocals are wrecked or that Rise and Fall out played them.

I can't believe you just mentioned TRC and Despised "ree ree ree" Icon in the same sentence. The latter are playing tonight, and I don't think I feel like trekking down and forking out 8 quid just to see Beneath the Massacre and then go home.

In other news, Darkest Hour were absolutely fucking stupendous last week. Considering the venus was half empty I can't even imagine what they were like in London the next day.

On another random note, The Break In broke up and that sucks cock.

I can't believe you just mentioned TRC and Despised "ree ree ree" Icon in the same sentence...

On another random note, The Break In broke up and that sucks cock.

pardon my ignorance here, but wouldn't they fall under the same tech/grind/chug banner?

The early Despised Icon stuff I thought was quite good as was the first Red Chord thinking back(its really just not my thing), and the guys "ree ree" vocals are amongst the best I've heard, albeit on the Neuraxis records but thats not saying alot.

The Break In splitting was inevitable, but a shame, they were in no way the band that started out, but the last record was head and shoulders above the rest. Any final shows or any of that business?