HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

is Trash Talk a band i should be checking out?

People are saying good things about Bitter End too?

yes trash talk is a band you should be checking out. one of the few bands now that are doing something new with their sound. (another would be ceremony imo)

bitter end.. is a no go for me. i saw them with trash talk and cruel hand a few weeks ago, and their set put me to sleep. the thing about them is that they play throwback 90's metallic hardcore, so its really nothing new. just listen to an old integrity record and you're just dandy.

sabertooth zombie anyone? how about some pop punk like shook ones or easel?

Trash Talk are sounding ok from the myspace - can't quite place who the remind me of though. Some +reps will follow for the recommendation.

Bitter End are kinda my thing, but i can't imagine i'd play it alot. Myspace sure makes snap decisions on bands easier.

Shook ones are cool, bit disappointed I missed them when they played locally with latterman.

yeah i missed shook ones a while ago too. i used to hate them because they reminded me too much of kid dynamite vocally. but instrumentally, they are completely different.

if you like crossover thrash/hardcore, check out sabertooth zombie. kids love stz as much as trash talk around here.

daggermouth is awesmoe. i like cloak/dagger too, but they're way different haha.

yeah sabertooth live is intense. they fucking rage and all the kids go crazy its comparable to ceremony which is by far the craziest live shows i've been to. they're from the north bay in the bay area, so i always see the guitarist JR at shows. cool guy he just starts way too many fights hahaha. listen to some stuff off midnight venom though, i think its some of their best stuff. or just black of mouth on their myspace.

god, these new bands are just dreadful!

Soul Control were ok, but Shipwreck were just a dull sloppy mess of failed Integrity worship and i could face Blacklisted!

Are there any good new hardcore bands coming up worth checking?

I agree. I can recommend Government Warning and WarKrime. Ceremony is definitely one of the only other hardcore bands of recent day that I like/would recommend. Both Gov. Warning and WarKrime have a sound rooted in old school/first wave hardcore punk...which I like way more than the chanty/metaly shit of the last decade (stuff that focuses on scene unity and being militant with the sXe or whatever).

Def. did not like what I've heard of Trash Talk nor Soul Control...but that's cause I'm really not into that brand of hardcore...and it is kinda bugged coming from NYC...since 99.8% of NYHC has been really all about that type of sound.

can anyone recommend some old school sounding hardcore along the lines of self defense, pac men, the pist, disaster strikes?

i need new hxc in my lyfffffe.

i haven't been to a hardcore show since i was 14. i miss them.

I agree. I can recommend Government Warning and WarKrime. Ceremony is definitely one of the only other hardcore bands of recent day that I like/would recommend. Both Gov. Warning and WarKrime have a sound rooted in old school/first wave hardcore punk...which I like way more than the chanty/metaly shit of the last decade (stuff that focuses on scene unity and being militant with the sXe or whatever).

As I said in my previous post...those two bands are very grounded in the roots sound. Ceremony is ill just cause they sound quite different than most bands I've ever heard. Pellinore, which Constant Struggle just put a link to a few posts ago, is quite good too. They don't sound old school really, but they have an Abc No Rio'ish sound (as opposed to the Youth Crew chorus'y HC which seemingly dominates with today's bands). They have a fast, almost chaotic sound...the site definitely sums it up well (comparing them to Void and Siege meets Rorshach and Citizen's Arrest).

Unfortunately, that's all that I've heard thusfar that I can really recommend for an old school enthusiast (I'm in the same boat).

alright it's time to rep all the recent hardcore I've been into.

Reign Supreme ( http://www.myspace.com/reignsupremehardcore )

The Carrier ( http://www.myspace.com/thecarrierhc )

Colin Of Arabia ( http://www.myspace.com/coacentral )

New Lows ( http://www.myspace.com/newlows )

Living Hell ( http://www.myspace.com/livinghellhc )

get into those bands.

Jeezus I'm listening to this old Murders Among Us comp with Life's Blood, Absollution, Nausea, and Born Against...Jeebus almighty! One of the only Nausea songs I can stomach...surrounded by incredible material by the three other bands.

On a related note, since we're also on the topic of sound orientation, I always loved how Born Against skated the line between ABC NYHC and screamier/noisier (Gravity'ish) shit from out mid-west/west (although some would say they heavily influenced those early bands).