HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

I'm waiting for Government Warning and Systematic Death at the KNitting Factory in May. THey'll be playing alongside Tragedy and Disnihil. Not really a huge fan of the latter two (one being the headliner). But the show should be fun. Yay!

• 2 weeks later...
reign supreme anyone?

not exactly the most thought provoking or original hardcore band lately, but if their new record doesnt make you mosh, you might be gay.

sorry but yeah u probably homo, you probably hate cold world too!

i'm not into reign supreme much. i hated them at first. they kind of grew on me, so i can tolerate them now, but i still dont like them. i'm not into cold world anymore either. i liked them and the style they play a lot until i saw them live a few times and they were horrible. such sloppy sets, it seems they never practice, they never tour, and they only play fests, then they get hyped more than any other band thats touring non stop and actually puts time into their music and touring and that bugs me a lot. and that was a huge run-on sentence, but hey, it's 6 am and i dont really wanna worry about that right now.

agree somewhat

I do like Cold World and enjoyed them live, as they got a crazy reaction here, but their set was amongst the sloppiest I have ever seen.

Its a shame a band with that much attention can't put a little more work in and do something a little better.

exactly. theyve got so much potential and an original idea for the music they write/play, but every time i've seen them has been the sloppiest set ever. kids go off no matter what for them though. i think they just know they can get away with it and never have to tour because they make enough money selling like 12,000 shirts a day.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the good ole Flex Your Head comp with the lyric sheet? I am in desperate need of the lyrics to Red C's "Pressure's On." Can anyone help me with this matter...PM me if anything...mucho +rep.

^ yeah that's the same "Pressure's on"

and speaking of ceremony, what are your thoughts on the latest album to the previous releases?

the shit is slower in general, and gives off a different feel, but I really like it.

The "Violence" release is better imo though.

Yeah the Ceremony cover was good to go. ALthough the Citizens Arrest version is my favorite (Ted Leo on vox, from the '89 demo). If you want it...pm meh.

Ceremony has a new full length? Or are you talking about the EP?

...I just like the fact that they aren't on some Youth Crew inspired shit (I've said this already).

is that the one that ceremony covered?

ive been listening to a ton of this 7" by this band episode i picked up a while back.. its pretty serious stuff but i cant remember their myspace

I hope you're talking about these guys: http://www.myspace.com/episodesellouts

Vietnam???? Joke, no?

THe only other Episode I could track down were some long haired metalhead guys from Bohemia who categorize themselves as "Hardcore/Metal/Rock" or some silly gutteral shit like that.

Yeah the Ceremony cover was good to go. ALthough the Citizens Arrest version is my favorite (Ted Leo on vox, from the '89 demo). If you want it...pm meh.

Ceremony has a new full length? Or are you talking about the EP?

...I just like the fact that they aren't on some Youth Crew inspired shit (I've said this already).

Ceremony put out a new EP last year called Scared People. iTs pretty ill.

Yes that's the EP i was talking about. I definitely dig it...actually it was the first Ceremony shit I heard...I was late to get on that bus. Immediately grabbed me. The brooding slower shit meeting the faster almost powerviolence shit is a great contrast to me. It's pretty angry too.

That's my review of it. I have yet to own or hear all of "Violence..."...but I made it a point to write a reminder to git it.