HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

I'd like to make my contribution. ;)

300px-Breakdown_skinhead.jpg

Ceremony is pretty weak. "First 7 inch was good blah blah." Other than that I could care less, their LP was a complete bore.

Peace On Earth War On Stage was the best EP of last year hands down, Heavier Than Heaven is going to be insane as well.

violence violence is fucking great... demo is great... scared people is meh, but still a killer band

i missed ceremony on day two of the rivalry showcase..

i'll see them soon though, they always play around the bay. and if any of you guys haven't seen them live, GET WITH IT. their live shows are probably one of the best in hardcore today. (same with trash talk which i got massacred during)

i think they're limiting themselves to one show per month until they finish their cd, which should be sometime in summer.

Not really hardcore, but punk as fuck.

Born against are the best shit right now for me

thoughts?

22031.jpg

Wow...I'm glad someone brought this band up again...so it wasn't just me and Darkeside. Easily one of my favorite bands ever. Big supporter of many related ABC No Rio bands of that era/collective family (Citizens Arrest, Rorschach, Absollution, Burn, Turning Point, starting with Lifesblood, etc.)...although some of those bands were only shittily recorded demos and one or two compilation tracks.

I would definitely consider BA hardcore punk...it's just not formulaic Youth Crew hardcore shit that's focused on breakdowns and singalongs.

I'll also add my latest vinyl cop contribution, ironically another Mcpheeters production...Wrangler Brutes' first "tape" on LP. NOT Born Against...but still a fun and interesting band. I just lost out on an auction for Beyond's LP.

Unfortunately, I've been a little too lazy to always seek out the rare/oop vinyl pressings, so I've been reduced to purchasing some reissues on CD from the labels (mostly in Discography form). Though I was able to score the official first Citizen's Arrest CD release (yes, Discography) through my boy in Montreal who lived near a store that still somehow had it in stock. Can't wait for that one...beats these vinyl MP3 rips.

yo hebay yeah that is the episode i was talking about. theyre from tennessee or something, no one knows anything about them, and they've never played live, and they put out one of the best 7"s i heard last year

also, i pretty much only buy vinyl at this point - i have a huge cd collection that just sits around gathering dust now which kind of sucks

oh and trash talk are playing here in april and i cant fucking wait. i probably have exams and stuff but i'm willing to risk my academic career to see them live. and ceremony is apparently coming this summer, woo

Born Against is a hardcore band. A very good one.

co-signed although this doesn't do them anywhere near enough justice!

I bought that cd on the off chance because it had Shit in the title when i was about 16, and it was mind blowing. It's hard to imagine what the hardcore(and alot of the more related genres) would have become without bands like Born Against, just so angry and reckless sounding, even on record.

I can't begin to imagine how crazy it would have been live!

Citizens Arrest is harsh too. I think Born Against can sometimes sound a little dated but imagine if Citizens Arrest re-recorded today, it would knock lumps out of people.

yo hebay yeah that is the episode i was talking about. theyre from tennessee or something, no one knows anything about them, and they've never played live, and they put out one of the best 7"s i heard last year

also, i pretty much only buy vinyl at this point - i have a huge cd collection that just sits around gathering dust now which kind of sucks

oh and trash talk are playing here in april and i cant fucking wait. i probably have exams and stuff but i'm willing to risk my academic career to see them live. and ceremony is apparently coming this summer, woo

Yeah I downloaded the 7" off of their myspace page...nutty shit...how the hell did you find out about them?