HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

The First Step is easily the best band in current Hardcore that is playing a genre within a genre that is somewhat defunct at the moment.

It took me awhile to get into them. If you listen to alot of older youth crew like Brotherhood and Insted, I think it makes you appreciate TFS more.

Their new 7" rips and to me sounds a little heavier than their old stuff, so that might appeal to some of you who weren't into TFS before.

You guys are doofi. The First Step is easily the best band in current Hardcore that is playing a genre within a genre that is somewhat defunct at the moment.

If you can't get into the WHAT WE KNOW lp, then chances are your taste in HC is suspect. Just saying...

i'm sorry i just can't really get into a band that's doing the same old youth crew straight edge shit. if i want to listen to that i'll can go back ever so recently to champion and be ok.

they're live show is fun though, i just don't actively listen to them on record.

edit: and badmouth is fucking bad ass.

I

t took me awhile to get into them. If you listen to alot of older youth crew like Brotherhood and Insted, I think it makes you appreciate TFS more.

Their new 7" rips and to me sounds a little heavier than their old stuff, so that might appeal to some of you who weren't into TFS before.

I love their whole discog, Demo, 7", WWK sessions, WWK lp, new 7". But yo, how hard is that LEARN TO TRUST jam off the new rec!?!

i'm sorry i just can't really get into a band that's doing the same old youth crew straight edge shit. if i want to listen to that i'll can go back ever so recently to champion and be ok.

they're live show is fun though, i just don't actively listen to them on record.

Fair enough, but I always thought Champion was horrible. I actually consider them a girl band, kind of how the Gorilla Biscuits are the Cro Mags for chicks. There are some quality straight edge bands out at the moment who do that style rather well, but you probably wouldn't be into them: Right Idea, True Colors, Loud and Clear, Seeker, etc.

TFS sucks, neg rep me all you want for it. That band is so bland and boring.

Why would I neg rep you for dissing TFS? Granted that's bad taste, but hey, your loss. Planet Mental is an LOL lp, listenable, but gimme the AND YOU KNOW THIS 7" over it any day.

yeah true, i'm really not into the straight edge hardcore type of stuff. i just can't really relate, and some of the lyrics just get really cheesy. (imo)

but anyways any guys in sufu in hardcore bands? i posted my bands myspace up already, lets see yours!

Two shows so far this week,

Earth Crisis and Terror on Sat.

-Terror was great as always and Vogel had his trademark onstge banter as well,.

E.C. was alright, kids just werent going that nuts for them.

I thought sworn enemy was kind of meh, lots of lame metalheads throwing horns for them. ANNOYING.

i'm not up on hc anymore... scott vogel is still in bands? haha. any good?

yeah true, i'm really not into the straight edge hardcore type of stuff. i just can't really relate, and some of the lyrics just get really cheesy. (imo)

but anyways any guys in sufu in hardcore bands? i posted my bands myspace up already, lets see yours!

Yes but it's a new project...info sooon.

...funny part is, we have shirts already...and people who wear them because they are fans of the logo. Already have a myspace perpetrator "hxc" band with the same name...surfacing months after we made our page.

Bullsharkband.

Edit: Wow...I just looked up the name and the awesome perps have an awesome hxc song they just posted...plus an even awesomer logo..."hardkore"...but I kinda like the girls who share our band(s) name better.

just saw the current line-up.. and i'm slightly underwhelmed.

it will get better when they announce the full line up though.

super psyched that new lows is playing. there will be a norcal roadtrip down to santa barbara, and sufu kids that are down.. get at me.

Anyone here into Japanese stuff like Loyal to the Grave, State Craft? ...

I quite like Crystal Lake, you into them? Been years since I heard mention of Statecraft. They any good?

best show in the uk in a while:

Integrity

Braindead

Rot in Hell

april 11th @ the old blue last(the Vice Pub :confused: )

I quite like Crystal Lake, you into them? Been years since I heard mention of Statecraft. They any good?

best show in the uk in a while:

Integrity

Braindead

Rot in Hell

april 11th @ the old blue last(the Vice Pub :confused: )

I love Crystal lake!!! They are easily my favourite band at the moment. You should definitely check out Statecraft, as they had a very big influence on most of the BloodAxe bands, not to mention they are excellent, sadly no more though. Edge of Spirit and Birthplace are also both really good.

There dont seem to many good shows in the UK these days, at least not where I am. The last show I went to was Sinking Ships and Ruiner, which was really great, but also really disappointing at the same time. The scene over here just seems so full of posers, most of the people that turned up only showed up for Sinking Ships and then left straight after, they didnt even bother to see the other bands.

who is in integ now? just dwid and some euros?

Yeah, so I saw them last night...

only had 1 guitarist but the word was that the other was just stuck in customs in europe.

If anyone was hoping for anything resembling an OG line up you'd be disappointed as its essentially Dwid plus backing band(i think they are US though).

The set was pretty good and at 30mins felt about right - a few grumbles from different people about songs they wanted but i was pretty content. Dwids voice seemed very tired, and I think he'd struggle to do it every night on the Converge tour coming up.

not the best, but I've seen them worse.

now just to look forward to Cursed locally in 2 weeks.