HARDCORE SAVED MY LIFE

love hardcore, used to listen to it a lot when i was like 13-14, but not so much now though it will always have a place close to my heart. love bad brains, black flag, minor threat, cro-mags, gang green, suicidal tendencies etc.

has anyone read 'american hardcore: a tribal history' by steven blush? it's a great read if your interested in the 1980's american hardcore scene.

the west coast had some of the best bands over the last 2 years...too bad the average hardcore band life is about as long as that of a mosquitto.

lights out

blue monday

go it alone

----------------

hardcore has gotten so dry as of late, no one says any important shit anymore. I dont know maybe i like a little thought behind the lyrics insted of the average run of the mill angry suburban youth pissed off anthem about some beef, or worse songs about stayin chil. (seriously wtf).

i miss from ashes rise :(

as were Combat Wounded Veteran - didn't they, Palatka and Reversal of Man all share members?

those bands, the more "No Idea" sounding bands, were great but when people talk about "the florida sound" the more metallic hardcore is what i think of.

i think they referred to the microcosim of gainesville which is a bit different