light weight denim i.e. summer denim for unfortunate climates

saying jeans in 85+ heat is fucking stupid is like me telling you shorts are fucking stupid if the temp is under 115... its all what youre used to pussyboy.

Oh yes because this statement is very logical :rolleyes:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used to wearing jeans in 100+ degree weather over summer here as well, cause I can't stand shorts, and heat doesn't bother me much after growing up with temps as high as 120 in the summer. Wore my 19 oz Sams in Hawaii over fall and they were fine, so no real plans to change anything about my rotation for this summer.

My Edwin Ed47s seem lighter than my RRDG. Plus they have a wider cut through the thigh and knee, so I can get the circulation going.

Definately go baggier, in my opinion this makes more difference than the actual weight of the denim.

first... as soon as i saw airfrog, i knew what he was gonna say.

second... i grew up in florida wearing jeans all summer. i dont like shorts at all. i may not have 21oz on, but my 15oz canes were fine last summer, and my 15oz sammies will be great this summer.

saying jeans in 85+ heat is fucking stupid is like me telling you shorts are fucking stupid if the temp is under 115... its all what youre used to pussyboy.

There just so freak'n perfect for warm weather. Light weight denim loose fit PERFECT.

My Edwin Ed47s seem lighter than my RRDG. Plus they have a wider cut through the thigh and knee, so I can get the circulation going.

Definately go baggier, in my opinion this makes more difference than the actual weight of the denim.

I agree. Heavier and baggier is easier to live with than light but tight. I wear jeans or pants year round and it gets pretty hot here in aus in the summer. Just have to wash them more often.

Someone mentioned this before but Rag & Bone make some lightweight denim. The RB8s are 10.5 oz and fade into this weird greenish hue. Not sure if they still make'em but they are from two seasons ago.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone have any suggestions for a pair of summer jeans? I'm gonna be in/around the Sacramento area for the summer, in 100+ degree weather. I'm not looking forward to wearing my Iron Hearts this summer. I already sweat profusely as it is. I would have asked about this in the small questions or the this or that thread, but I feel like my questions don't get as much attention there or are skipped over.

I'm looking for maybe a 12-14 oz. denim pair of jeans that is straight leg with a small tapered leg opening. Something similar to the Iron Heart 634s cut. Not too skinny, because I'm kind of meaty compared to sufu standards. Hopefully something in the $200-250 range. I can't do the 19cm Diors, but I have my eye on 21cm's. I could do without the tapered opening because I could fix that with a quick tailoring job. I just want something that can stack nicely because I feel like I failed with my current jeans. I cuffed them for too long and they have that ugly crease.

• 9 months later...

You might be into the SEXSC06...

A slim cut light weight jean made of slack denim designed for hot weather wear...

It usually gets around 90+ around here in the summer and I wear jeans all the time, of course i switch to shorts alot but i dont mind wearing jeans that much, i think its mainly mental.

my friend wears shorts and tshirts year round even when in the winter it hits freezing point...and he is chill with it, i guess its watever u get used to...

Is there a post about these that i missed?

Nope.. That was the first time i've ever mentioned this to anybody..

since the point of these summer jeans for them to be a temporary pair to wear during heat, uniqlo actually makes a pair for the intended purpose, not sure the exact weight but they come in most of their cuts, theyre i think 40-50 bucks and you wouldnt feel bad washing those whenever you get chronic swamp ass