light weight denim i.e. summer denim for unfortunate climates

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the Average Joe is 14, and the MASA is 14.5, but all others are lighter. I think that RRDS is around 13.25 and is the next heaviest. If I recall correctly, the Bootcut Ola is one of the lightest (circa 11oz).

Also, I know that Jeanspaleis will have the aforementioned 11oz. Novelty pants when their site goes up...

APC NS are 12oz when they are new but after a couple months of wearing/washing they become lighter.. a worn-in pair should work well as a pair of summer jeans, especially since you wont want something really dark that will absorb heat, like raw denim.

i am pretty much only wearing my apc's now. they're light enough but they're starting to fall apart. i doubt they'll make it through summer.

i believe 45 rpm have some 9oz denim. they may interest you.

yes, that's exactly what i had in mind.

my slim jim dry japans definitely feel like 12oz, especially when compared to my flathead 3001s... the sjdj's are essentially my summer jean, just washed them for their first time, they've definitely gotten light enough to be worn in the summer

yea honestly the nudie non selvage stuff (slim jim broken twill, boot cut ola, ssk) might be the best bets,cap e matchstick is super light wieght, wesc dry japanese selvage is anywhere from 11 oz - 14oz, and their non selvage dry is around 11.5oz so theres some options.

the summer i stick to my oldest pairs of jeans

such as my rrds, while they may have been very heavy and thick when i bought them

they are 2+ years old and look great rolled up as shorts, and the denim is nice and flismy

and has really shaped to me, so they are incredibly comfortable as well as light weight.

If you're looking for something truly different, Kohzo makes jeans that are a blend of cotton and bamboo fiber.

Really expensive, but the fabric really makes for perfect hot weather jeans.

They sort of look and hang like regular denim, but breathe and feel like you're wearing linen. They almost feel sheer or see through, but don't look it.

I know they carry them at American Rag's "denim bar" here in L.A.--not sure where one would buy online.

And like I said, they're pricey, but I guess if you're considering 45rpm...

I live in Hawaii where the weather is pretty much always over 75 and I always wear jeans. I've been wearing S5000VXs for about a month and I don't plan on switching.

Damn... It has been already over 60F on some days and I've almost died in me Sams. :)

If you wear jeans in 85+ temperature, then you're just fucking stupid.

thanks for the incredibly constructive contribution to this thread.

i live where it's hot all year and i have to wear jeans for work so i have to sweat it out waiting for the bus, etc. i have no idea what weight my jeans are but just wear 'em anyway. it's not that bad. i do plan on washing them more often now, though, to try to thin them out. i'm also kind of hoping that the wear-and-tear causes knee holes to form, it would be nice to have some ventilation.

i made through the DC summers for many years in jeans and DC summer is like avg. 90f plus 95% humidity that sucked sometimes, but the again some times i just have to break out the old orange tab 517 cutoffs

first... as soon as i saw airfrog, i knew what he was gonna say.

second... i grew up in florida wearing jeans all summer. i dont like shorts at all. i may not have 21oz on, but my 15oz canes were fine last summer, and my 15oz sammies will be great this summer.

saying jeans in 85+ heat is fucking stupid is like me telling you shorts are fucking stupid if the temp is under 115... its all what youre used to pussyboy.