Movies for Superfutures (Recomend a film/movie)

thelion1856

thought i'd make a movies thread. What movies do you think are a must watch for superfutures? I'll start with....

1848.jpg

SLC Punk! 1998 is a film directed by James Merendino; SLC is an acronym for Salt Lake City. The movie is about a young punk, called Stevo, who is an "anarchist" (in the sense of advocating chaos, with no relation to actual anarcho-punk culture) in the mid 1980s.

The story is based on real characters; many events in the movie, including party scenes, drug-crazed characters, and others are allegedly based on real events, although these may have been exaggerated.

edit: fuck posted in the wrong forum, this should be in superculture.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

American History X is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. The scene where Ed Norton dunks on the black dudes is one of the most laughable white fantasies ever put to film. Hi-fucking-larious!

I'm gonna recommend Metropolitan, which is really good and funny, pretty much anything by Mike Leigh and Hard Times - a movie in which Charles Bronson is a bare knuckles boxer in depression-era New Orleans. It's got great fight scenes. Oh, two Robert Altman movies that are really good - The Long Goodbye and California Split.

American History X - ha, what a piece of shit.

thought i'd make a movies thread. What movies do you think are a must watch for superfutures? I'll start with....

1848.jpg

SLC Punk! 1998 is a film directed by James Merendino; SLC is an acronym for Salt Lake City. The movie is about a young punk, called Stevo, who is an "anarchist" (in the sense of advocating chaos, with no relation to actual anarcho-punk culture) in the mid 1980s.

The story is based on real characters; many events in the movie, including party scenes, drug-crazed characters, and others are allegedly based on real events, although these may have been exaggerated.

edit: fuck posted in the wrong forum, this should be in superculture.

This movie fuckin blows cock....watch Suburbia, the 80's version, not he shitty remake with Ribisi in it...that movie is good

buffalo_poster.jpg

this movie is based on the soldiers in germany during the cold war era during the 1980's. the u.s. soldiers ran one of the largest black markets during this time in the 80's in germany. anything you wanted they had. guns, artilery, drugs anything. My best friend's brother was stationed at this base shown in this movie and he said the movie was pretty spot on to what he witnessed on the base except that the majority of the black market runners were U.S. soldier mechanics. watch the dvd and watch the extras about the movie, the director explains what was going on there. So many soldiers died from stupid shit and drugs, it aint funny.

ahh!this is what i needed.glad to see other big fans of Blade Runner,if you dig that,the book its based off of is Do Androids Dream of Electric SHeep? its really good...a few good movies i've seen recently are the illusionist,and quills...and i watched the classic this morning, Enter the Dragon..

Guest itsmeJT
5zd5z0h.jpg

I've always wondered what actual London football fans think of this movie.

really really quite ridiculous

not just the story but the casting too