Movies for Superfutures (Recomend a film/movie)

thelion1856

Ugh, watching Elijah Wood trying to play a football hooligan just makes you want to throw up after a while.

In my oppinion, a much better movie about football hooligans is Football Factory. Because it's allways nice to see people kick the shit out of eachother for no reason whatsoever and just basically having the time of their life.

footballposter2.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0385705/

If you enjoy that one I think you'd also enjoy The Business, which is written and directed by the same person and starring pretty much the same actors. Only this time they're gangsters.

669518_DV_L_F.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429715/

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the business was good aswell.

the funky forest; the first contact.

funkyforest.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0451829/

Seul contre tous

B00005K9O8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

http://imdb.com/title/tt0157016/

And Irreversible if you haven't seen it alreadly; gaspar noe is fucking ridiculous.

And I saw sunshine two nights ago. I think Danny did a really great job with it- Amazing visuals. Only thing I did not like is the fact that there are monsters involved. I would've rather seen something more believable.

Guest jmatsu
thought i'd make a movies thread. What movies do you think are a must watch for superfutures? I'll start with....

1848.jpg

SLC Punk! 1998 is a film directed by James Merendino; SLC is an acronym for Salt Lake City. The movie is about a young punk, called Stevo, who is an "anarchist" (in the sense of advocating chaos, with no relation to actual anarcho-punk culture) in the mid 1980s.

The story is based on real characters; many events in the movie, including party scenes, drug-crazed characters, and others are allegedly based on real events, although these may have been exaggerated.

edit: fuck posted in the wrong forum, this should be in superculture.

this movie fuckin sucked. one of the worst films that tried and failed to depict punkrock. suburbia was way more efficient.

Guest jmatsu
51A0A6Y505L._SS500_.jpg

fuck you all

jt,

was this good? i usually like tim roth, but this film seemed ultra low budget. seriously, is it worth watching? i've heard good things about the director. didn't he have 2 other films? what were their titles and the directors name?

Guest jmatsu
This movie fuckin blows cock....watch Suburbia, the 80's version, not he shitty remake with Ribisi in it...that movie is good

my bad. i just noticed you wrote the same shit before me.

anyone seen the korean movie a tale of two sisters? i have it on dvd and on the weekend watched it once again.

51A35VK1DRL._AA240_.jpg

I enjoyed it, but it was right at the end of my Asian Horror/fucked up movie obsession thing a year ago, so I was sort of numb to it.

Guest jmatsu
Anyone seen A Snake of June? What the hell was that about?

i've seen it. it was okay. from what i remember it's voyeur-themed. the protagonist follows this one bitch around and makes her do some naughty things.

5zd5z0h.jpg

I've always wondered what actual London football fans think of this movie.

I was wondering if this was good. It was this or Everything is Illuminated. I think I messed up.

Manufactured landscapes; documentary about TO photographer Edward Burtynsky who travels the world (the doc is mostly set in China) photographing how large scale human activity transforms the landscape. Burtynsky's settings are cyclopean industrial works like dams and the biggest chinese factories, where a disturbing beauty emerge, unexpectedly making us reconsider and evn recontextualize what we were looking at. Good stuff.

why don't you just write takashi miike already?

Because I'd rather post pictures of specific movies directed by him.

That is why.

Guest jmatsu
Because I'd rather post pictures of specific movies directed by him.

That is why.

that's fine, but it just seemed to me that you were posting every single popular miike title (fuck the media bandwagon). -which most of the sufu members know of and have already discussed in great lenths. while your efforts are appreciated, try recommending some film that alot people may have yet to view...you might get some rep.

that's fine, but it just seemed to me that you were posting every single popular miike title (fuck the media bandwagon). -which most of the sufu members know of and have already discussed in great lenths. while your efforts are appreciated, try recommending some film that alot people may have yet to view...you might get some rep.

Most of the stuff that has been posted, so far, I would imagine most know about...

I couldn't care less about fucking internet rep.

Cheers.

Guest jmatsu
Most of the stuff that has been posted, so far, I would imagine most know about...

I couldn't care less about fucking internet rep.

Cheers.

okay never mind the rep, offer a good film suggestion for members that hasn't been recommended or talked about a billion times before.

thank you.

okay never mind the rep, offer a good film suggestion for members that hasn't been recommended or talked about a billion times before.

thank you.

MPW-18175