Movies for Superfutures (Recomend a film/movie)

thelion1856

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really enjoyed The science of Sleep, Brick, Three Burials of Meliquadis Estrada (sp?), road to guantanamo,

I thought I was going to like The Science of Sleep, but I didn't. There was something about it that bothered me and prevented me from getting into it.

Oh well.

My friend saw 'No Country for Old Men', the new Coen brothers movie. He said it's a good movie and worth seeing. He also said if you didn't read the book it might be a very good movie. For those who read the book the movie will feel a little inferior. (I read the book and I loved it so I'm a little upset but I'll see the movie anyway)

3 iron was really good..I believe its a korean movie and for what its worth all the korean movies ive seen have all been stellar.

I liked it as well, I saw a few Korean movies but I think some of the popular ones are a little overrated, like 'Oldboy'. There are people on this board that know far more than me about Korean film so maybe they can contribute.

I collect asian films...i just appreciate the characters and plots really simply yet complicated. .I usually but them after reading about them or from friends...there arent alot of video store in jc as you might know so lately i havent gotten any good ones.I really did like Oldboy one of my favorite movies, but I find that korean action/fighting movies have disappointed me. Ill check around here for good ones i dont: own.

if u like blade runner

read the book do andriods dream of electric sheep on which its based

The Book is way better than bladerunner itself... the movie is a little superficial and doesnt touch on certain key issues in the book.

The Book is way better than bladerunner itself... the movie is a little superficial and doesnt touch on certain key issues in the book.

Movies are always better than books!;)

Just watched Marathon Man...Awesome!

Marathon.jpg

And bonus, another great gritty 70's NYC (Roy Scheider) film:

fren.jpg

One of my favorites.

If you want an unforgettably hypnotising film experience, try this one...

Sátántangó (Béla Tarr, 1994, Hungary)

runtime: 450min

links: (imdb) (dvdbeaver) (amazon UK)

Warning: You may enjoy this film only if you are enthusiastic about films and have strong interest in experimental narrative filmmaking. I have added a few actual scenes below (thanks to youtube), so judge for yourselves if you could handle the long takes and the pacing for 450minutes; and yes there is a plot. You may want to warm yourself up by watching Werckmeister harmóniák by the same director.

5y04a9t.jpg

522ttgm.jpg

4qp0ta1.jpg

4uowbk5.jpg

4klbleu.jpg

4mv3r6f.jpg

Rj57-Do-O1Q

q8DOQFccj00

3Q7Z9d9x2zQ

i would like to purchase the sicilian clan with alain delon. anyone have any leads?

thanks.

I have it, I'll see if my copy has english subtitles...PM my if I forget

If you liked the dreamers you must see "Les amants réguliers" (Regular lovers-?), much better look at the children of May 68 by someone who was actually there and has been making authentic cinema (without compromises) ever since.

Guest jmatsu

gangster number one

i loved this film. when i was kind of a fan of bettany, i saw a gangster comedy called

"kiss kiss bang bang(not much to do with the classic...)" that he co-stared in with sean penn. though tongue and cheek with british sensiblities the film was very enjoyable. i wanted to buy this, but in tokyo the dvd was kind of expensive (at that time). i have never seen this title's release in america. anyone have any leads? thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

C'etait un Rendezvous by Claude Lelouch

The film features a Ferrari flying throught the streets of Paris.

ssM-xjp--rg

From Wikipedia: "He was arrested after his 1976 film, C'était un rendez-vous, reportedly at the time featuring a Ferrari 275 GTB being illegally driven at speeds approaching 140mph through the streets of Paris by a Formula 1 driver, was first shown publicly.

Recent claims made by the director himself, however, suggest he drove his own Mercedes-Benz 450SEL 6.9 in the film and dubbed the sound effects of a Ferrari 275GTB. Several independent groups have verified that the car in the film never reaches past 140 km/h (85mph)."