To all Nudie lovers!

supernudie

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, they're a good gateway-denim since their the most visible and their web-site has some of the best examples of worn in denim and such that's readily visible for those not aware of such forums as this. That's how I found out about selvage and such...

• 4 months later...
BTW My nudie crotch is still going strong:p

So are mine (one pair with close to three years of wear and another one at about a year and a half), and so are many others I'm sure. I personally think the whole crotch blowout thing is greatly exaggerated. Like anything else, people (especially here) aren't likely to post threads saying how awesome they're crotches are holding up, it's the people with bad experiences that are going to take the time to post and share their complaints.

I still wear my Olas all the time since they're still one of the better fitting jeans I've worn. I own/have owned SDAs, Diors, Imperials, RRLs, etc. and I still feel like Nudies are well worth the relatively low price point.

Crotch blowout is not exaggeratted. I've had my ssk for a year and 2 months about...the crotch is blownout beyond hell. The crotch would be non existant if i didn't constantly repair them...I skateboard so that might help.

Obviously crotch blowout happens, I've had it happen to many of my jeans as well, just not my Nudies. However, people are making it sound like it's inevitable or something when you buy a pair.

I have had my RRDS for over 2 years now and no crotch blowout. They were worn for about 1.2yrs strong and now and then for the rest of the time. I also didn't downsize five and do lunges to attempt to get crazy wear marks in two months.

I have seen Samurai, SC, etc blowout too, especially when they are worn way to tight and with an active lifestyle. If you want your jeans tight and play basketball in them... try something in the lycra spandex family.

I think crotch blowout is a people shape + activity thing....mine never rip, whereas my buddies always crumble in about 2-3 months with every pair of jeans.

Every nudie that I've owned.. I've ended up hating. However, I have seen some body types (slightly bigger guys) that look much better in nudies than almost anything else I've seen. The even steven and the SS are great fits for people who don't quite look like the sufu norm. It seems like their more relaxed fits have much better denim and construction aswell.

But my personal experiences have been pretty bad.

it all depends on what you do with your jeans on

if you run 15 marathons a month then sure the crotch is going to blowout, its common fucking sense.

I basically sit on my ass for 14 hours a day (work + class + laziness) and the crotch on my nudies is starting to blow out. I've had them for about 10 months.

Every nudie that I've owned.. I've ended up hating. However, I have seen some body types (slightly bigger guys) that look much better in nudies than almost anything else I've seen. The even steven and the SS are great fits for people who don't quite look like the sufu norm. It seems like their more relaxed fits have much better denim and construction aswell.

But my personal experiences have been pretty bad.

So true, my ass looks sooo fucking hot in RRDSs that I almost can't stand myself.

I treat my thin finns really roughly, and have been worn sagged for a lot of it, and the crotch is fine. I only paid 80 bucks for them brand new, and I'm totally satisfied with them. They've been washed 3 times in 4 or 5 months, so there isn't much visible wear and I don't think there ever will be (they're dry black). I still throw them on if I feel like a ridiculously tight look...I sized down one on them and theyre so godamn tight all the way through the leg. They're good to wear in the colder months, it's almost like wearing a pair of tights.

I'm not sure who said it, but someone on superfuture remarked that Nudie's are the 'gateway drug' into the world of raw denim. I'd say thats on point.

I got my SJDB's for 80 bucks, lightly used, and been wearing them for three months straight. They made it through Lollapalooza (daft punk, yeah yeah yeahs, et al.) without a crotch rip, so I'm pretty sure they'll withstand my daily sitting/walking. Though, the SJDB's are supposed to be the hardest Nudie's to break in. I mean, I barely have honeycombs after three months of wear. But, what do I know.