To all Nudie lovers!

supernudie

Hi all, been wandering around the forums and found out alot about dry denim, now I'm addicted to nudie jeans:) Anyway to all u nudie lovers on sufu, just wana post some positive feedback on cultizm.com 's online shop! For aussies like me, nudies r freakin expensive so I have to buy them online. Cultizm's have the cheapest prices I can find, and the prices include free shipping, which was amazingly fast. So they come highly recommended, hope this helps others on sufu who r looking to buy nudies online:D Anyone else have the same positive experience?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the future.

I assure you that your love for nudie will only be temporary. :)

yup. for 225, you could get some ONI denim or JOHN BULL from Blue In Green in NY. both of these are better than anything Nudies offers, @ the same price point. trust, i have 2 pairs of nudies, the RRDG&SSDS, and neither compares to the shit in NY. plus its online. ;) if you wear them condom-tight, youll get crotch rips, regardless of that extra bar tack, but then again they will try to convince you that it(the rip) adds character and coolness to your sack. dont believe them. if you are spending 100 bucks a leg, make sure they dont split apart...

Its the back pocket stitching, it either drives you nuts or you love it! Plus they do have a lot of good fits. I don't mind rocking them out here and there in between the japenese denim. Denim is kinda thin good for summer, plus nut ventilation! *bonus*

The Nudies that I have examined were terrible and ludicrously overpriced. You can't say "Oh well Nudie is a great value... next to other sub par and overpriced jeans like Evisu (EU) and Ksubi." Compare them to a pair of PBJs, Onis or Sammurais and the price is shocking. You're paying for branding and marketing.

a pair of thin finns or slim jims in dry blue or black can be had for $150-160, maybe even less. that's half the price of a pair of samurais.

they do tend to split at the crotch however, because the aforementioned cuts are meant to be worn low...

Depth of color and dye job, studiness/weight of denim (crotch rips mentioned above + general inability to stand up to wear and tear), slub/irregularities, tasteful branding, hardware (hidden rivets, fly buttons, twill pockets, ), ability to stand up to a number of washes (instead of... let's say 2), patch.

They all seem to fade exactly the same way, too. There is not nearly enough diversity. I dont think that I've ever seen a pair of the above brands that were similar. They also have a few different 'types' of denim to choose from (different weights, twills, and materials to choose from). Nudies have a wider range of cuts and significantly better marketing on their side. They also offer faster gratification because of how shallow their dye is. All of the worn pairs I have seen look like theyve had a knife taken to them, as well.

I'll also add, on a person note, that the abundance of the Nudies detracts from their appeal.

Hi all, been wandering around the forums and found out alot about dry denim, now I'm addicted to nudie jeans:) Anyway to all u nudie lovers on sufu, just wana post some positive feedback on cultizm.com 's online shop! For aussies like me, nudies r freakin expensive so I have to buy them online. Cultizm's have the cheapest prices I can find, and the prices include free shipping, which was amazingly fast. So they come highly recommended, hope this helps others on sufu who r looking to buy nudies online:D Anyone else have the same positive experience?

they have a website for you. it's called:

http://www.mynudies.com

a lot of people here have kinda moved on...

To each and everyone's taste. I like the greyish indigo of the RRDS. I also like the cut.

I'm still wearing Evisus to work. But I reckon it depends on what the denim was made for.

The Nudies are kinda of a youthful brand whereas the other Japanese repro brands like Samurai or SCs etc... are more designed to replicate worker jeans and so are much rougher and tougher in a way.

All in all, I still havent had any crotch rips but yes the abundance of them is a detraction. Also due to the fact that its hard to source and try out good denim around here...in Aus.

(shit keep forgetting about Imps)

I have a pair of Regular Ralf DS and have yet to find a pair of Japanese jeans that fit me as well. It's not even close. I'm not a fan of the bootcut, but I'll remedy that with a pair of some other Nudies, most likely.

So, I'll flip it around - if you like the Nudie fits, what are some Japanese jeans that are similar? All the one's I've found are Levi-esque workwear in cut (which I like too) or very low rise (my PB-005's seem to be cut super low).

-Jake