MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

anyone use iwork over office?

will probably only really use the word processor, and a little bit of spreadsheet (mainly read-only). maybe some ppt. too, but i've heard keynote has ppt. pipped in this field, anyway.

I do but I still have MS office. I guess you can manage with just iWork but there will be some stupid documents that won't display properly. I love Pages, use it for everything from ads to invoices.

i have quicksilver now.. i use it now and then but i dont see it as being "that" amazing.

i have it bound to CTRL + Space. then i just type the program i want and hit enter.

Am i missing something?

it also manages files, finds anything in your computer as long as you make it part of your catalog, makes youtube and google searches without needing to open search pages, sends e-mails, etc etc. it basically does anything possible on your computer with 3 or 4 keystrokes

In my drunken stupor, I apparently stepped on my pre-unibody pro macbook as it was closed. No damage should have occurred but last night I was watching a movie and I noticed a discolored line running horizontally across the screen on darker parts of the movie. On closer inspection, I realized that that the screen had been pressed against the area between the keyboard and the track pad area where it is a sharp edge. Is this temporary damage or permanent? It kinda sucks having this distracting line on my screen.

been trying to crack master collection for two hours tonight. im new to macs, but i dont know why im having this much trouble.

none of the serials work, and everytime i try to "deactivate" the activation software, i get a "no such file/directory" message in the terminal window.

gettin frustrated, can anyone help me out

been trying to crack master collection for two hours tonight. im new to macs, but i dont know why im having this much trouble.

none of the serials work, and everytime i try to "deactivate" the activation software, i get a "no such file/directory" message in the terminal window.

gettin frustrated, can anyone help me out

Just did it the other day. Got this from mac-bb and it worked.

You can use terminal to give TextEdit root access to the hosts file. Open a terminal window and enter the following:

sudo /Applications/TextEdit.app/Contents/MacOS/TextEdit /etc/ hosts

Hit return and enter your admin password when prompted and again hit return.

Your Hosts file should automatically open in TextEdit.

Add the following to the open Hosts file:

127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 ereg.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate.wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 3dns-3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 3dns-2.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-2.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 adobe-dns-3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 ereg.wip3.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate-sea.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 wwis-dubc1-vip60.adobe.com

127.0.0.1 activate-sjc0.adobe.com

The entries should ideally be made between the existing broadcasthost and ::1localhost entries.

Save the file and quit TextEdit.

Now, If using Leopard, you should use Terminal again to flush your cache:

sudo dscacheutil -flushcache

You can also do the same in Tiger with the following Terminal command:

lookupd -flushcache

Guest on-display

I just upgraded right now to snow leopard. Ran ms office, cs4, itunes, safari, etc with no problems. It is noticeably faster too.

*edit*

some of my third party apps aren't working but most developers are starting to update

• 2 weeks later...

i use transmission too. very good; simple and does the job.

on another note, i've had my mb pro for a few months and when i carry it around i hear some weird clunking noise...going to make an appointment with the genius staff. kinda annoyed.

i use transmission too. very good; simple and does the job.

on another note, i've had my mb pro for a few months and when i carry it around i hear some weird clunking noise...going to make an appointment with the genius staff. kinda annoyed.

My guess would be it has something to do with the dvd/cd whatever drive on the right. mine makes the noise sometimes too, but only if you shake it or hold it at an awkward angle...might be a different noise though.