MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

hey guys,

for my graduation present ( this coming yr), my parents are thinking about getting me a mac book. I was wondering if a mac book pro ( 13 inch) is worth the extra 200 ( compared to a mac book) .

thanks

hey guys,

for my graduation present ( this coming yr), my parents are thinking about getting me a mac book. I was wondering if a mac book pro ( 13 inch) is worth the extra 200 ( compared to a mac book) .

thanks

right now i'd say yes the macbook pro is worth the extra $200 but the macbooks are supposed to get a major revision soon and so it depends on what they're like after that

thanks for your help , guys!!

ill probably get the macbook pro. that aluminum body is pretty cool, and i dont like how the mac book gets smudges on the keyboard.

Unarchiver doesn't handle password protected rar files well.

UnrarX does password but you have to enter the password before opening an archive i.e. you have to have the program running then enter the password before unraring the file.

my vote goes to betterzip.

hey guys,

thanks

Most definitely. Whitebooks often end up with cracks, and eventhough I believe it's now covered by Apple, its still pissin off.

Unibody has a thinner, nicer design, is tougher, has a LED screen, bigger touchpad, better battery, backlit keyboard, etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

so new Macbooks are just as fast as the base-model uMBP, and have a larger harddrive, but are lacking Firewire, SD-card reader (and some other shit,) backlit keyboard, aluminum body, and the glass screen

I still have my heart set on a uMBP, but the new macbooks are awfully tempting because of their price and similarity in tech specs... on the other hand, the aesthetics/thinness/toughness of the 13" aluminum uMBP is superb and I am guessing they will soon bump up the specs to make it worth the difference in price

I'd definitely add more RAM and buy a Solid-State Drive in either case

^ wait a little bit

rumor is there's another update in the coming weeks

yeah, after a little more deliberation, I have decided that I like the uMBP way better... the macbook looks kinda cheap and almost immature(?) with the plastic finish. I might as well spend the extra dough and get a really slick-looking laptop that can project my inner perfectionist and sophisticated self

FYI, I'm a commuter student who would love to have a laptop for class, and I would take it travelling. I plan on buying one in summer of 2010, hopefully right after another spec update, so I can bring it with me to Tokyo :o

if anyone's interested - skinit (http://www.skinit.com/index.php) has a discount code : HALFOFF for half off the cost of a skin for your device.

I just ordered a skin for my MBP...

think the offer expires OCT 22. enjoy!

there's something seriously wrong with you if you think it's visually appealing to slap a huge vinyl sticker across the top of one of the best-looking laptops available. that is so tacky. you should ask for a refund.

im thinking about taking a sharpie to my unibody mbp. will i be able to get it all off later with some rubbing alcohol or will it leave faint traces behind?

I honestly have no idea why anyone would ever want to do this to their laptop.