MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

anyone give me a 101 on downloading music on mac? torrents?

so lost when it comes to this.

fucking tired or resorting to soulseek on my PC. not to mention the viruses.

will rep.

you can find damn near any song ever made by typing the song name and 'rapidshare' into google, same with mediafire, megaupload, uploading.com etc it most likely exists somewhere, not hard to find, if you're searching for entire albums just type the album name + rar into google and you'll find it, torrents are an excellent method for albums/discographies, basically larger files..and with transmission you can select any or all files within the torrent to download, so as a last resort if you're just looking for one song you can find the album torrent and deselect what you don't want.

anyone give me a 101 on downloading music on mac? torrents?

so lost when it comes to this.

fucking tired or resorting to soulseek on my PC. not to mention the viruses.

will rep.

you can find damn near any song ever made by typing the song name and 'rapidshare' into google, same with mediafire, megaupload, uploading.com etc it most likely exists somewhere, not hard to find, if you're searching for entire albums just type the album name + rar into google and you'll find it, torrents are an excellent method for albums/discographies, basically larger files..and with transmission you can select any or all files within the torrent to download, so as a last resort if you're just looking for one song you can find the album torrent and deselect what you don't want.

Question, prolly has already been answered.

I was thinking about buying a Macbook, non-pro, and I was debating about its performance with Photoshop. I was told by Apple that for an extra +$100 you can extend it to 4GB of ram. What is your experience with this situation?

2GB Ram can be good enough for photoshop unless you're dealing with a tons of work at one go.

Question, prolly has already been answered.

I was thinking about buying a Macbook, non-pro, and I was debating about its performance with Photoshop. I was told by Apple that for an extra +$100 you can extend it to 4GB of ram. What is your experience with this situation?

since its only a software update and not a reinstallation, problems might occur but its quite rare. best is to back up your important files incase something went wrong. :)

^ ha, yeah, i understand that. just wondering if anyone has actually ran into any problems doing it. guess not.

alright, just bought a 1tb WD my book for mac. didn't look too closely and realised when i got home that it's usb2.0 and not firewire.

is this a problem? does anyone actually run files (say, music or videos) off their HD? i imagine if i only use it for back up, i'd be swell w/ usb, but if i wanted to do the former.. ?

i'm about to load up snow leopard.

do i need to back up my HD first? i don't even know where my fucking external HD is. probably lost.

you probably don't *need* to, but I can't stress enough the importance of backups. I would do it. I'm glad I did before as when replacing my internal HD and upgrading if fucked up and fried my old hd while having to reformat my new one at the same time. Luckily I had a couple-week-old backup on an external hd that I was able to get most everything back up and running.

If you've got an hour or two to spare, back it up

^ yeah, computer's pretty much new so i won't do a full backup, just burning some important files to dvd now.

didn't end up opening the my book (usb2.0), figure i'm probably best off exchanging it for the firewire800 version, if only to future-proof the ehd (as i'm sure usb would cater for my needs - for the time being, at least).

Hello all, I'm looking to enter an amateur video making competition and was wondering if you guys can recommend any good video editing software for free.

I may just end up springing for Final Cut Express. Anyone know the difference between Express and Studio?

Cheers.