MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

people get pissed, but they'll get used to it.

i bought the first revision macbook, i was a bit mad when the first few revisions came out but actually it's not that important.

correct me if im wrong but i thought thought the glossy screens have a more vivid color but less accurate compared to matte

This is correct. I was pretty anti-glossy when Apple started using them. But I have it on my MBP and I'm cool with it. Still have a 20" LCD matte side by side.

does anyone have a macbook+monitor setup? for a long time i was planning on buying an imac, but now im considering getting a new macbook with a cheap (but good) monitor, probably a dell one. itll be more expensive but the portability will be a plus. what i'm wondering is if its possible to have the macbook connected to the monitor but closed and still awake.

yes it's possible, you can change the settings to keep it awake with the lid closed.

im trying to figure out how to do that

currently, i have mini dvi->hdmi to my 42'' 1080p Lcd.....the picutre quality is pretty damn good. The only thing that sucks is that mini-dvi doesnt include sound.

Got that set-up with the wireless mouse and keyboard..its pretty clean.

Yo Zubin, I'm pretty sure if you plug in the mini-dvi after the lid is closed, the comp. will wake back up. Other wise google for some utilities called Insomnia or Sleepless; I think they can both do what you're looking for.

why are people pissed that the express card slot got replaced by the sd card slot?

express card slot is alot more useful than a sd card slot when you can basically use your camera as a sd reader already.

pics or lies

will post pics when i get home

also, i never thought of just getting a smaller 20-23'' LCD and dual monitoring for poker!! Thanks for the idea freecat! Excellence.

My current setup to my TV is pretty sweet for watching movies and such. Gotta get a decent surround and make it complete

I just downloaded a program called iSRSwow.

It's some kind of audio enhancer for itunes. It's fucking crazy.

The sound quality of my shit improved dramatically.

hot damn

shit mang, these updates have thrown me.

i had previously settled on the 15", but now the price difference between the fully spec'd 15" and equivalent 17" is negligible (with developer discount).

whilst the 17" lacks portability I can get a high-res, matte screen. i work a bit on CAD so the higher res is a definite bonus. i won't even go into the plethora of matte screen benefits.

fuckkk, decisions.. decisions..

anyone?

buy a pc........

shit mang, these updates have thrown me.

i had previously settled on the 15", but now the price difference between the fully spec'd 15" and equivalent 17" is negligible (with developer discount).

whilst the 17" lacks portability I can get a high-res, matte screen. i work a bit on CAD so the higher res is a definite bonus. i won't even go into the plethora of matte screen benefits.

fuckkk, decisions.. decisions..

anyone?

for my next laptop i might just cop a netbook and hook it up to an external mouse, keyboard, and monitor. on the other hand that $1200 13" is looking charming as well.

if i dont get a hardware replacement on my macbook pro (depends on how lenient they are with 'accidental coverage' - the metal casing is bent in the front and has separated itself from the top part to the point where i almost got a cd stuck in the drive once) i'll need a new laptop very soon :(

i had a netbook but sold it recently, keep in mind that it's way less powerful than any mac. i've got a boosted macbook and even a regular samsung NC10 was totally lagging behind. I mean, it's usable, but i'd rather use it only when i need a lightweight laptop.

i hope for you that the apple care will cover this. you'll suffer with a netbook coming from a mbp.

correction: it's called SRS iWow itunes plug-in.

music sounds retardedly good.

i don't know what's your setup but i tried it today at a friend who doesn't have speakers and it sounded better.

but on mine, i've got vintage technics amp and speakers (which i'll replace by a cambridge audio amp and cabass speakers later this month probably), and it actually sounded either worse or pretty much the same.

all i really use my laptop for these days is internet, msn, skype, email, and itunes. (occasional photoshop but i ran CS1 just fine on a samsung q10 back in the days so it should be ok)

i think an atom with the new nvidia thing for hd video playback, 2gb ram and a 160gb hard drive should have me covered