MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

anyone know how i can have one of my contacts in mac mail always encoded with the text encoding of my choice, say ISO 2022-JP. Also how i can stop it automatically saving drafts, because it doesn't like the attachment i have in the emails i receive which are usually emoticons of some description..

help

anyone know how i can have one of my contacts in mac mail always encoded with the text encoding of my choice, say ISO 2022-JP.

Off the top of my head, I think you'd have to set up a rule for that account (easy to do in Mail preferences) that uses an AppleScript to temporarily change the system encoding and then change it back, whenever you send an email to a specific email address. I don't know how familiar you are with writing AppleScripts so this could either be simple or confusing. I'm not aware of Mail being able to override system text encoding internally. Is this something that other email apps (Entourage?) commonly do?

Dun know what to do about the emoticon problem. Use regular words to express your emotion? (7)

I really need help transferring songs from my mac to a friends ipod. I have tried downloading multiple app's and none of them werk.

Does anyone know of any good apps for this??

P.s. I can't put the music on their computer and let them transfer it to their ipod. It has to be my mac to their ipod.

Many thank.

all alu macbooks to be called macbook pros from next months WWDC?

lolwut?

yeh i know WTF... i like it when they can be distinguished with a name, but i guess that is the direction they are heading.. just tell the difference by the real estate. I guess it will actually be better like that..

Appleseed can you please expand, i don't know how to write scripts.. but.. i need more info if that is possible..

I can't stop the emoticons, it is my gf (japanese you know).. The problem will be solved if i can stop it automatically saving drafts..

damn, sometimes when i used my friend macbook air i feel like getting one. they're so cheap used. but i know the lack of multiple usb, ethernet, easy expansion/replacement is going to get on my nerve real quick.

and also my macbook is impossible to sell even though it's now ultrapowerful (except for the 1.83ghz core duo).

yeah i thought about that, but after all i'd rather get the same mbp as yours than the new macbook if i had to choose.

anyway i think i'll keep my 1st gen macbook (bought the day it got released) until it's totally trashed. i'd rather pay around 150€ for a used motherboard if mine ever fails than buying a new computer, that one fits me well. i can use the money i save from switching laptop to buy lcd screen, monitoring speakers ...

i had an eeepc i brought to lecture for 2nd term, i sold it and will buy a new one in september when class starts again. shit's so useful. and no need to always move the main computer.

Appleseed can you please expand, i don't know how to write scripts.. but.. i need more info if that is possible.

Frankly, I'm not all that tight with scripts, so my advice would be to google for an AppleScript writing tutorial. You might also be able to use the Automator utility to 'record' the actions of switching the language encoding, just like you do with actions in Photoshop.

Basically you'd make the action script of changing language encoding (either with AppleScript or Automator) and then use the Mail 'rules' (in Mail preferences, very easy to do) to run this script whenever you send to a specific person.

do you seriously take notes on an eee?

i don't think i'll ever give up pen and paper

my mbp is going to need a new battery soon, its down to ~2 hours :(

actually in most classes you need to print stuff and either read them and take notes on it, or fill the blanks (prevents absenteeism). i only needed to take notes with a couple of old lecturers, and i took them on paper. nothing beats paper for sure. especially an eee mini keyboard.

but having a little laptop during lecture is very conveniant. if you're bored you can check the internets or chat, and if it's interesting you can look for further information. and when i go studying at the library after lecture or wander on campus, the netbook's very handy too.

i didn't have the internet at my flat the first 10 days. it was alright at first because i was spending a lot of time on campus. but then i needed it for important stuff (and the library closes at 7pm :s...), and wanted to download movies. then it got activated and i didn't regreat ever since.

it costs me 10€/month since we're 3, and for 35Mbits internet (upgrading to 100Mbits in early june). Next year i'll be in a dorm and it has free ultrafast internet....

I just got my macbook, I wrongly ordered the black case for the unibody so I have to return it and order the correct one, the Apple guy on the phone was really nice and said I wont have to pay for restocking and shipping.

P.S. Alot of my friends with macs are saying that iChat is something you have to pay for, is this true? I have a .mac account and AIM so if its true I will just use my AIM account.

i didn't have the internet at my flat the first 10 days. it was alright at first because i was spending a lot of time on campus. but then i needed it for important stuff (and the library closes at 7pm :s...), and wanted to download movies. then it got activated and i didn't regreat ever since.

it costs me 10€/month since we're 3, and for 35Mbits internet (upgrading to 100Mbits in early june). Next year i'll be in a dorm and it has free ultrafast internet....

i have 50mbit right now and its soooooo good

700mb movie in 2 minutes

thank rapidshare

next year im down to probably like 2mbit because im getting a flat and i'm a cheap fuck

get 10mbit on campus library wifi though so they might see me downloading some 100 gigs a month there

^^ rapidshare premium account?

fuuuuck, i hate the time delay between each download. somebody please hook me up

just pay for it dude.. fuck

Frankly, I'm not all that tight with scripts, so my advice would be to google for an AppleScript writing tutorial. You might also be able to use the Automator utility to 'record' the actions of switching the language encoding, just like you do with actions in Photoshop.

Basically you'd make the action script of changing language encoding (either with AppleScript or Automator) and then use the Mail 'rules' (in Mail preferences, very easy to do) to run this script whenever you send to a specific person.

thanks i will look into this

i guess electronic shit does look better trashed, my blackberry curve is completely destroyed, its almost unusable. i sometimes wish my blackberry was clean but when i look at someone who has a 2 year old blackberry that's still in perfect condition, i always find it strange. i already got over the dent, i didnt really care actually, its just kind of annoying to look at