MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

ohh yea and i'm having abit of trouble with my macbook as well.

the bottom right hand corner makes a clicking noise and seems to affect the wifi causeing me to restart every few days. after restarting the clicking comes on again for about 5-6 times with a folder box and a question mark inside the folder. this usually goes on for a few restarts then resets itself.

is this fixable without having apple care (noob mistake)?

On my old MBP I had to replace the HD twice,both fans,the battery,bluetooth died, my magsafe connector got so hot the cord basically caught on fire and melted. Also the palm rest area looked pretty bad after about a year which sucked because I took excellent care of it. I had the 1.83 version.

On my old MBP I had to replace the HD twice,both fans,the battery,bluetooth died, my magsafe connector got so hot the cord basically caught on fire and melted. Also the palm rest area looked pretty bad after about a year which sucked because I took excellent care of it. I had the 1.83 version.

Yeah you're not alone, my old MBP (one version after yours) went through two optical drives, two displays, and a battery/pmu. It got so hot at times that the display burned dark dots 1cm apart on the bezel at the top of the keyboard. It also had trouble sleeping, and then when it finally slept, it was hard to wake up.

Is there a decent site / way for downloading mac programs?

Hotline used to be the best program for downloading [k] and warez.

I found some trackers that have the files i want but they are invite only...

FYI, I'm not really looking for torrents.

checked out the macbook pro, knew i'd love it. any place where i can get cheap online or in nyc? the disadvantage of that is that i want a french keyboard. on the apple website, it looks like i can get the french (azerty) one.

You can get the 15" 2.4 Ghz version brand new with free shipping on eBay for 1,700 plus you can use the cashback deal which is nice. The only downside is that you most likely won't find one with a french keyboard and the keyboard is a bitch to swap on the new MBP.

checked out the macbook pro, knew i'd love it. any place where i can get cheap online or in nyc? the disadvantage of that is that i want a french keyboard. on the apple website, it looks like i can get the french (azerty) one.

remplace les touches a z q w x m au bon endroit puis voilà :D

honestly i wouldn't mind a qwerty keyboard, but now that i have 2 laptop that would be tricky.

Is there a decent site / way for downloading mac programs?

www. macserialjunkie .com (although they're database crashed i think, i can't login anymore. don't need to atm so it's fine)

www . codez4mac .com i have a vip account but i think you need to participate a lot or something in order to be able to view all the content. it's worth it tho.

and warez-bb but it has been said already.

ive been thinking about getting an apple and i had a few questions about "customizing" a macbook.

i was thinking of getting a macbook on ebay using the cashback deal but they usually dont have the exact one i want, which is a 13 inch 2.4ghz macbook with 4 gb of ram (dont carry about hard drive any is fine). I mostly see the 2.0 ghz with 2gb of ram which isnt what i want. I was wondering if i could buy a regular 2.4ghz with 2gb ram macbook (off ebay) and then somehow replace the 2gb ram with a 4gb ram (if i can buy seperately somehow) from apple or some other people?

do you think i will lose money by doing this?

should i just buy off from apple store?

remplace les touches a z q w x m au bon endroit puis voilà :D

honestly i wouldn't mind a qwerty keyboard, but now that i have 2 laptop that would be tricky.

ouai mais les é, ç, à, î, ï, ? c'est ceux la les plus importants (pas pour ici mais pour mes dissertations, etc.). chui habitué au clavier americain mais cest juste les accents.

and yes, i've checked out ebay for the 1700+cashback deal, which comes down to around 1600 or 1500, can't remember, but i'll just spend the extra on apple.com.

oui, il y a toujours l'option de faire les alt+0310, etc. mais chui pas sur qu'il y a l'option de faire ca sur les macs. je pourrais eventuellement l'acheter pour 1600 sur ebay et demander au magasin apple de me commander des touches françaises. Je n'ai pas le temps ou la patience de faire ça par contre, donc je vais juste l'acheter de apple.com je crois.

hum je crois que si, avec des combinaisons de touches. mais bon c'est chiant. le prendre sur apple.com reste la solution la moins ennuyeuse c'est sûr. si jamais t'as besoin d'un truc fais signe !

i've just bought this for my (white)macbook

%21BQHTv9Q%21mk%7E$%28KGrHgoOKioEjlLmfBoYBJ3Jt%280Yzg%7E%7E_35.JPG

i wanted to remove some marks and i used the wrong bottle and now looks even worse. i'll try to buy a black keyboard and a new white palmrest (mine is discolorated quite badly). i'll leave the bottom white (partly because i have a brand new white battery). i think it would look good.

it depends on what you want to do with your mac

i have the old 2.4 white macbook and love it

the only game i play is warcraft 3 which works on the mac perfectly

and i just do basic stuff like web browse, itunes (which loads a lot faster on a mac) and write code with a text editor

the boot time is pretty fast, id say under 30 secs, it probably will be even faster when snow leopard comes out

also, i belive most macbooks and macbooks pro have longer batterylife

if your looking at a mac, id say wait until snow leopard (10.6) comes out, which i heard could be soon

fuck em all and get the real deal: alu macbook pro 15". i wanted to cop but now my macbook has a 320gb 7200rpm wd scorpio black, 3gb ram, superdrive removed for weight, black top casing and soon black a-z keys... no need for pro.

just ordered my macbook today off apple.com. got the high end one mostly for backlit keyboard (got the azerty). was going to get the pro but i have to take this thing around all over the place so probably wasnt a good idea. almost got the air but one usb just wont cut it. im pretty excited for it to get here because i broke my old one and i need a computer. oh and my ipod is pc formatted and i dont have a backup for the songs. whats the best way to get the songs on my mac (this is a pc formatetd one)