MacBook.

MAC SMALLS

my macbook (unibody) wouldn't charge 1/2 the time, i dunno whether it's the computer or the charger that's messed up.

on top of that, i spilled a bit of beer on it the other day- maybe a a few drips on a key or two but most of the small pool of beer landed on the corner and didn't reach the keys. It continued to work until it ran out of batteries after i dried it up. After recharging it and turning it back on, first a couple keys didn't work/acted weird, then none worked, then they all worked but some acted weird (typed 2 characters). Finally, when i turned off my computer to let it rest, it wouldn't turn it back on even tho it was pretty much at full battery (and the charger didn't even turn green or orange).

buy a 15" and an external monitor for home. 24" beats 17".

word.

but if you plan on using it on a desktop, 24" is a little bit too much imo. i've got a 22" on my desktop and find it a little bit too big sometimes. but when i sit on the couch behind my desk chair then it becomes perfect !

• 2 weeks later...

new macbook. mouse issue.

how the fuck do i turn off the progressive acceleration with the tracking (& scrolling) speed? shit be driving me crazy. feels like i'm dragging my mouse threw mud before it races off the screen.

Without the student discount but you have to add NYC tax.

I don't know about Sweden but in France, as a student, I got about 15% off on my MBP + a free printer + a free ipod touch and even with the 1€=$1,6 it wasn't worth the hassle.

okey, have to look that up when i arrive. the student discount in sweden is 10% and i don't get any free stuff

you sure? on the swedish site it says "borja terminen med en ny mac och fa en ipod touch nastan gratis"

i mean i dont speak swedish but still

yeah i checked that and deal is that you buy a mac and an ipod and you will get some money back depending on what mac you buy, i'm looking to get the low end mac pro, then i won't get that great discount

the university i'm going to is a part of that apple program but the discount was still just 10%. i'm just gonna go to the apple store and se what they have to say.

Yeah then you're probably better off getting the laptop in America. If you have a shipping address in America, get AppleCare from Amazon, it's cheaper there. The laptops actually are as well (only like 2% but still).

I got mine with a HE discount, but the pound was so expensive at the time (much cheaper now) that even with free AppleCare and 25% off I really only got like 50 dollars below US non-student retail on a $2500 laptop.