NBA Basketball

hamham3001

No way we get Brian Shaw.

Frank, Adelman, JVG, and even Mark Jackson would get my approval.

I don't want Kevin McHale

Mark Jackson doesnt even have assistant coaching experience. JVG slow grinding half court wont work with the current warrior players. Frank, and Adelman will work, they will put better emphasis on using defense to initiate fast breaks.

manu plays basketball unlike any other player i've seen. it's hard to describe but it's like he purposefully almost falls down or almost trips everytime he kinda gets touched. i know a lot of players try and sell a foul, but manu does it when there's not even contact sometimes. nothing but hate for manu.

Lakers have to be nervous now. Assuming they get by NOH, they're going up against Perkins and Thabo, two guys who can flat out lock them down, and add a much improved Ibaka into the mix with a declining Artest trying to guard Durant...wow. I love this game.

Okc got bailed out on that Durant over and back, looking at the replay he definitely planted his foot outside the line, then planted his other in the front court then replants his other foot in the back court...

or do you need to have both feet planted in the front court?

I think you only need one foot in the backcourt to be ruled a over and back. if anything you could argue it was a travel first then and an over and back second. based on what i remember and i could be wrong, you could argue he was in the back court (foot on/over halfcourt) when he established control of the ball ...but as he moves/lifts that foot he shuffles his pivot foot without dribbling, which is a travel. if you disregard the shuffle (not sure why) and say it was planted then you could argue it was an over and back b/c he plants his original foot (the one that was intially on/over halfcourt) again on the halfcourt line which would be an over and back. does that make sense?

Either way, i think its interesting that the ref who overturned the call was on the other side of the court and couldn't of had a better view of the play that the original ref (who was standing near the halfcourt line). and what makes it look worse is that he immediately overturned it and then to potentially save face he decide to check the monitor.

Given the ref could see multiple replays in slow mo, I'm surprised he didn't overturn his own call and say it was either an over and back or travel, that is given what i said above actually happened.

it'll be interesting to see what people say about it tomorrow on the radio... that is if they talk about it...

Yeah, although once the call is made I don't think they can review it and rule it something different (ie: a travel) they can only decide if the call stands.

As far as I could tell they didn't even review it on the monitors, just conferred for a second then re-inbounded the ball.

I think the overturning happened because the senior official thought that the junior official who called it did so on the appearance that Durant was in the backcourt when he caught the ball, which of course is legal.

So the senior official walked over and said, "you idiot, he's allowed to be in the backcourt" and they never bothered to review if he actually went over and back... which I wish they would've, that call easily could've turned the game for Denver, who were playing pretty well, (Nene's getting rejected by the rim/Ibaka multiple times notwithstanding.)

Yeah, although once the call is made I don't think they can review it and rule it something different (ie: a travel) they can only decide if the call stands.

As far as I could tell they didn't even review it on the monitors, just conferred for a second then re-inbounded the ball.

I think the overturning happened because the senior official thought that the junior official who called it did so on the appearance that Durant was in the backcourt when he caught the ball, which of course is legal.

So the senior official walked over and said, "you idiot, he's allowed to be in the backcourt" and they never bothered to review if he actually went over and back... which I wish they would've, that call easily could've turned the game for Denver, who were playing pretty well, (Nene's getting rejected by the rim/Ibaka multiple times notwithstanding.)

for some reason i remember seeing the senior official (guy who overturned) check the monitor for like 3 seconds. so he looked at something.

i agree with you though...senior official or not...on a play like that and at that point in the game you gotta check the f*cking replays just to make sure you called it correct. this series and the entire round 1 has seen it's fair share of questionable calls...for ex. Perkin's goaltending.

Edit: i'm not sure about that once a call is made stuff...this isn't the nfl and i definitely didn't see any challenge flag thrown on the court.

@Christmas in a Sub: You were sort of on base. like goaltending, backcourt violations are not reviewable through instant replay. and the ref who overturned the call was actually the ref who made the call. The ref on the otherside of the court wasn't the one who overturned the call...

refcalls has a good analysis of the whole play.