NBA Basketball

hamham3001

I was waiting for the Finals to be over to pose this question, but last night's game has me too excited.

Anyway, is there any greater sports city than Boston?

The Red Sox have won the World Series twice in the past 4 seasons. The Patriots have won the Super Bowl 3 times in the past 7 years and nearly won a fourth this season. The Celtics are on the verge of winning a title. And the Bruins, while clealy the worst of the four teams, even made a playoff appearance this year.

Mixed with the overall passion for sports in this region (yes I know there are a lot of knucklehead fans nowaday that root for the Sawx and Pats, but no where else has such a large fanbase of genuinely passionate people who live and die by their teams), and I don't think you could name a greater sports city.

10 years ago, we were losers. Couldn't win anything. Now, we're the best. In everything all at once. It's pretty amazing.

Boston is on fire. New York could be put up there as well.

Ok... I seriously smashed/threw it with rage, a perfectly good cell phone because the Lakers lost.

FUCK THE WORLD, BUT MOST OF ALL FUCK BOSTON.

God damn you.

O you mad? not as mad as Vujacic and Kobe i bet :P

I was waiting for the Finals to be over to pose this question, but last night's game has me too excited.

Anyway, is there any greater sports city than Boston?

The Red Sox have won the World Series twice in the past 4 seasons. The Patriots have won the Super Bowl 3 times in the past 7 years and nearly won a fourth this season. The Celtics are on the verge of winning a title. And the Bruins, while clealy the worst of the four teams, even made a playoff appearance this year.

Mixed with the overall passion for sports in this region (yes I know there are a lot of knucklehead fans nowaday that root for the Sawx and Pats, but no where else has such a large fanbase of genuinely passionate people who live and die by their teams), and I don't think you could name a greater sports city.

10 years ago, we were losers. Couldn't win anything. Now, we're the best. In everything all at once. It's pretty amazing.

I hafta admit it but Boston is probably the best sports city right now...

Being a New Yorker, I hate Boston Sports, but i gotta give it up to you guys, ive been rooting for the celtics and although during the season i hated them, i gotta say ive grown a bit fond of the team, especially house, pierce, powe, and rajon haha

but lets leave it at that i still hate the patriots and the red soxs :D

is there any greater sports city than Boston?

Nope. Man, I've been missing the old home place real bad lately. My coworker (huge LA fan, he hardly looked at me today) flew up for game two and said that the town was crazy. I remember walking down to Yawkey Way the day after the Sox won it in '04 it was so fucking eerie, like the town had seen the sun for the first time, then Manny drove down the street with his hand out the window slapping all the fan's hands. Crazy.

Bill Simmons (clearly biased) wrote today about the Lakers crowd:

8:21: Breen says the crowd is very quiet because the fans are "so nervous right now." If you say so, Mike. Maybe the fans are nervous the game might go into OT, and they might miss out on the table they reserved at Le Deux.

I was watching the Met's game yesterday and it's in extra innings and the place is empty... they are playing sub-.500, but I think Fenway would still be rocking. If the series goes back to the Garden the crowd is gonna be fuckin crazy especially after last nights comeback.

Nope. Man, I've been missing the old home place real bad lately. My coworker (huge LA fan, he hardly looked at me today) flew up for game two and said that the town was crazy. I remember walking down to Yawkey Way the day after the Sox won it in '04 it was so fucking eerie, like the town had seen the sun for the first time, then Manny drove down the street with his hand out the window slapping all the fan's hands. Crazy.

Bill Simmons (clearly biased) wrote today about the Lakers crowd:

8:21: Breen says the crowd is very quiet because the fans are "so nervous right now." If you say so, Mike. Maybe the fans are nervous the game might go into OT, and they might miss out on the table they reserved at Le Deux.

I was watching the Met's game yesterday and it's in extra innings and the place is empty... they are playing sub-.500, but I think Fenway would still be rocking. If the series goes back to the Garden the crowd is gonna be fuckin crazy especially after last nights comeback.

Bill Simmons is great, although I don't see why people who don't like Boston sports would read him. My favorite line from his column last night: "6:55: Cassell throws the ball right to the Lakers, throws up a brick on the next possession, then causes global warming to get worse.

Guest ManOfSteel555
Ok... I seriously smashed/threw it with rage, a perfectly good cell phone because the Lakers lost.

FUCK THE WORLD, BUT MOST OF ALL FUCK BOSTON.

God damn you.

i was about to throw my phone. then i realized i had already broken a cell phone over a girl in the past and instead started beating up my couch with a pillow...and then screaming into the pillow and hitting my head on the couch...this was the worst loss ever for a modern aker's fan. it's bringing back memories of 2004. arggggggggggggg, i've been a walking zombie all day.

I really wanted a championship again... Always next year.

I mean I'm a die hard Laker fan and all, but it's pretty much impossible to win 3 in a row.

I'm gonna go cry now, brb.

Hmmm....well I remember a certain neg rep that said "kobe shits on everyone" you know nothing???"

Seems to me, that the MVP can't even hold a 24 point lead...so you should go cry but not just because your team is going to lose, but because

a) your tattoos are gay

B) you know nothing about basketball

Hmmm....well I remember a certain neg rep that said "kobe shits on everyone" you know nothing???"

Seems to me, that the MVP can't even hold a 24 point lead...so you should go cry but not just because your team is going to lose, but because

a) your tattoos are gay

B) you know nothing about basketball

Lol, the MVP can't hold a 24 point lead? Last I checked, basketball is a team game. seems you know nothing about basketball smart guy.

Simply put the offensive powerhouse from the reg season and rest of the playoffs haven't been able to perform to their usual level.

game4lakers.jpg

And as many have said... DEFENSE wins championships.

You know I was starting to like Kobe more n' more the last couple seasons after DESPISING him for his first 5yrs. Then he throws his baby spat in the offseason and it all starts going to shit. The face and emotion he plays with know is why I despised him when he was a youngin' outta high school. So when Kobe starts getting a better team and performing I starting hating... but when he has a reject line up of cast offs I like him?

what up with that.

HA.

Thank god the EAST won. hahahah

Lakers are lucky to survive tonight.

After game 4's terrible loss, they come out strong but blow another big lead.

Credit them for closing it out tonight. But if you're an L.A. fan savor tonight's victory, cause it's back to Boston and the Garden, one of loudest and hardest places for an opponent to play.

Hopefully Perkins is good to go, but even without him I expect the Celts to close it out on their home court.

Guest ManOfSteel555

series like this will ultimately define kobe's career i suppose. can he come up big and inspire his teammates to win 2 games on the road? highly unlikely...but if he does, that adds to his legacy.

i guess the bottomline for the lakers is they are a young team and are in good shape for the future. if bynum can come back healthy and some of the young guys continue to mature their games (farmar, ariza, turiaf) then the future is bright.

as a lakers fan, this hurts. but as an NBA fan, the season was highly entertaining and we did receive a finals, that while not pretty, was still probably the most competitive in years (as the lakers could easily be up 3-2 if not for their lack of shutdown defense).

If big/tall ass Bynum was on the floor, it would've helped a grip in the paint... It would be much more difficult for Pierce to get through. All Bynum has to do is raise his god damn hand.

I'm not saying the "ohh, it's because Bynum isn't here" either... Just giving my opinion.